Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 06:44 PM
    Is there any way to uninstall some items that maybe causing my computer to be slow..
    Computer has been very slow and glitchy latley and this one stupid pop up... and some things are loading slower and id like to beabel to fix it without going to any huge extent and I'm thinking I might have maybe too much downloaded mainly just anti virus and anti malware, and I had a Iobit uninstaller thing but it wouldn't open and I don't want to have to spend a bunch of money to fix it or make it even a bit better.. and i do not have a usb or a disk so i cant do anything that would involve doing anything with eather of those things
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2014, 06:46 PM
    DO you even have ANTI-virus and ANTI-malware installed right now and are they current?
    chace_don_C Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    DO you even have ANTI-virus and ANTI-malware installed right now and are they current?
    I have free ones from online cause the one that came with my laptop expired and it cost money to renew it and um I have advanced system care 7, clamwin and iobit malware fighter and um by current you mean like year wize? Then not really mostly from 2012 and one other one called Microsoft security essentials which I don't know where it came from some of them I didn't intentially download..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2014, 06:59 PM
    I'm, guessing you have more than one from different software companies. Installed... BAD, bad, idea... they end up fighting each other more than the stuff they are supposed to protect you from when you do.

Use control panel with the Windows built in uninstaller to uninstall the oldest ones going through control Panel instead of the IObit program... see what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AAV in Kitchen Sink causing slow draining. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older home and the sink in the kitchen does not have venting. I installed an AAV to the sink and it worked well for a month or so but now it is the problem. The AAV is now stopping water from draining. Not sure if this helps, but I have a dishwater hooked up as well. Even with the...

My computer is running slow, I have 12gb, from my server but it still runs slow [ 2 Answers ]

My computer runs slow, I am suppoe to have high tech internet speed. But it takes a while to respond

Wireless card 'causing slow boot up [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have a strange problem with my wireless card. I'm doing a fresh installation of xp sp2. I'm loading drivers (drivers ONLY) , my wireless card is intel pro 3945abg. So there is no AV or spyware software. MSCONFIG is empty. There is nothing in services as well except the ms ones. So I'm...

View more questions Search