Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QzQzn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 08:19 AM
    Form is calculating but table does not show result?
    I have some calculated field in my form and everything seems to be perfect as the calculated field show the correct calculation. However, when I opened my table, the calculated field does not show any value. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2014, 09:30 AM
    That is the way it should be. As a general rule we do not store calculated values as they can be displayed anytime you need them using the expression you used. You don't have fields on a form. You have CONTROLS that may or may not be bound to a field in your table. This is a subtle but important distinction that bears on your issue.

What you did was enter an expression as the ControlSource of the control. That means that the control is not bound to a field in the table so the table is not updated. But, as I said, that's the way it should be. You can use that same expression in a query or on a report to display the value you want. That way the value is always up to date if the data changes.
    QzQzn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 04:09 PM
    Thank You!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2014, 05:19 PM
    Glad to assist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why scan result does not show my early pregnancy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Greetings to all of you. Am newly married and am 27 year female and Its 16 days past my menstruation cycle. I did myself home pregnancy test today and got negative results. I underwent for a abdomen scan and blood test yesterday. The doctor could not diagnose pregnancy with the scan...

Problem using a Pivot Table Form as a Sub-Form -- Access 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

I made a Pivot Table Form using the Pivot Table Wizard in Access 2003. It works great when opened.as a form. But when used as a sub-form, only the data columns appear. The Row Heading column is missing. The sub-form is not linked to a child field on the main form. Has anyone seen this...

Can pills I take show a negative result for percocet in Urine? [ 1 Answers ]

Flexorall, Baclofen, Noroton

Form / subform and record junction table [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have a form with a subform and have both bound to the same table? I have a junction table for entering equipment issued to an employee. I want the header of the form to have a combobox to select the employee and I want the subform to view the equipment issued and be able to add new...

Which table to create main form [ 3 Answers ]

I have created the following tables per a response from Scottgem at to another user asking about creating a Access Database for a survey. My database has 26 questions with answers range being not very true to verry true with a couple simple yes no answers. Where I am stumped is how to display...

View more questions Search