Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwms5967 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 04:53 AM
    What is considered validation of debt by a creditor
    I received a letter containing the sale of the debt to the collection agency and a bill from the creditor with my name on it. The entry has been removed from my credit report. I still have to go to court on a follow up. What should I say to the creditor and the judge regarding the debt?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2014, 04:57 AM
    You prove its not yours... (wrong SSN#, wrong middle name, address you never lived at, ETC.) Or be prepared to lose the case. If the debt IS yours... your only chance at a lower settlement than they are going after is before the court hearing and ruling.

How old is this debt? Is it beyond that statute of limitations to bring in front of a court? I'm assuming its not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do about a debt collector summons with insufficient validation of debt? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old debt ( 2004-2005) that I am being sued for by an attorney hired by the debt collection agency. I sent my validation of debt letter first thing ( before any summons was sent to me). I received a letter on the attorney letterhead putling my debt and a few computer print outs. I sent...

Is a debt collection agency considered your creditor [ 2 Answers ]

Is a debt collection agency considered your creditor

After debt validation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am in the process of trying to repair my credit and I recently received a debt validation confirmation from a collection agency. What is my next recommended move? Does anyone has a sample letter to illustrate this move? Thanks in advance.

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

View more questions Search