Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    begaston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2014, 10:48 AM
    Misdemeanor for bad check shows up as excpetion major on background check
    My background check says misdemeanor Exception-Major for a bad check in 1991
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2014, 10:59 AM
    I see. Well what is your question, but passing bad checks a serious offence and it won't go away from a background check.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2014, 03:20 PM
    Its always going to be on your record... as was mentioned.. this is a serious offense. People can go to jail for it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2014, 12:44 AM
    Depending on where this occurred, normally there is a dollar value, for levels of the offense.

it will always show up on your record,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my expunged record for larceny misdemeanor show up on my background check? [ 1 Answers ]

My employer is about doing background check including FBI fingerprinting…I currently work for the company which is a bank, but since being employed I was involved in an incident that ended up with me being accused of taking a 13.69 item cold medicine and saline nose drops from the grocery store...

If I didn't get arrested, will a misdemeanor show up on a background check? [ 1 Answers ]

In December of '09 I was caught smoking pot outside. I was never arrested, but given a "misdemeanor citation." I had to go to court and was put on probation. I live in Tennessee. I am applying for an apartment and they run a background check. Would this show up, since I was never arrested?

Background check misdemeanor dismissed case [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have read a lot on the subject and also the forum, and I am still confused a bit in regards of my situation. I was arrested, charged with misdemeanor, my understanding that I was on diversion program (as there is no guilty plea on my docket report, had to perform the community service,...

Will a misdemeanor appear on a criminal background check? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was arrested for stealing clothes in a major department store and was arrested by the police department in NYC.(First and only arrest). I was fingerprinted and photos were also taken of me. I was charged with a misdemeanor and was told that after a year the charges would be dropped. My...

Can a misdemeanor from the past effect me now due to a criminal background check? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a misdemeanor for possession of marijauna. I had to seek a lawyer and go to court where the judge told me that I was on a year parole and if I didn't get into "trouble," the conviction would be expunged from my record. I am appyling for a job and want to know if this will appear on...

View more questions Search