Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alanasalona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2014, 09:50 AM
    Water in toilet tank too high; Clip all the way down
    I slid the clip all the way to the bottom of the metal rod on my toilet assembly, but the water level in my tank is still about 1 1/2 inches over the water fill line and is overflowing into the tube with every flush. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks in advance for any help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2014, 10:11 AM
    You need to lower the flush assembly. Best to remove the flush valve, release the grey circular clip and push the top down. Did you just install this? Did you follow the instructions on setting the float level?
    Alanasalona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2014, 07:52 PM
    I will try your suggestion; thanks! I didn't install it. I think it has been happening for quite some time and I just found out about it when I opened the tank to check something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water in toilet tank too high--not a ball float [ 4 Answers ]

Our toilet has been working fine until last evening when it started to sound different when flushed. Clearly the water level is too high in the tank. We have the non-ball type mechanism and I see online where it says to adjust the clip but I don't know how to do that. After some flushes the...

I can't turn water valve on toilet to shut water off to put new system in tank it. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to shut off the water valve so I can replace the mechanism inside my tank. I've never touch the valve and it won't move, it seems to be frozen. I don't know what I need to do.

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet tank is leaking, no water on floor, runs periodically to fill tank, what fix [ 15 Answers ]

The tank is losing water, there is none on the floor, the toilet runs periodically to refill the tank, I have replaced the flapper, the float device already.

Water leaking from toilet tank lid -- is water supposed to come out here? [ 7 Answers ]

I've recently noticed water on the floor behind our toilet. I could see that water was dripping from the top of the tank so I opened the lid to see what was going on and this is what I saw... http://www.flickr.com/photos/28827283@N07/3279924737/ Is this normal?? I checked the other...

View more questions Search