Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcc733 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 08:28 PM
    Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade
    Hi
    I have 2 computers with XP; each uses a Canon i450 printer. I recently installed SP2 to XP on both computers. Now, when I try to print 4 X 6 postcard announcements, the text is misplaced 1 1/2 inches from the side. Canon tech did not help. A downloaded Canon driver changed nothing. I've reinstalled the printers but still have the problem. Help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Don C.
    rlincoln Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2004, 05:12 AM
    Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade
    Hi there

I've just been through a nightmare with this problem.

Unfortunately it coincided with me needing to replace my Epson cartridges. I used compatibles and I thought the problem started then. However, after installing 4 different sets of cartridges - including one of Epson, I got to thinking about SP2.

I tried to do a system restore and my computer objected loudly. I finally re-installed windows but didn't put SP2 on and the printer is working fine again.

It's a long way for a shortcut. I'd take the SP2 off the proper way if I were you and see what happens.

Hope you get it sorted as it really is a pain.
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 16, 2004, 01:01 AM
    I have had multiple problems with multiple pieces of Canon hardware and Windows XP. Most of the time, I have found that unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to back up your data, format the hard drive and install the printer FIRST. When I reinstall the computer I use a Windows XP install cd with SP2 on it already and have never had a problem. This may or may not work in your case however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon ip 3000 pixma printer head problem [ 0 Answers ]

Printer about 1 year old. The black only sporadically prints on a page. Some lines print out faintly, others not at all. The ink is 80% full, ran several cleanings and deep cleanings to no avail. I was printing several pages and this happened all of a sudden. I believe it has something to do...

Canon i850 printer help [ 1 Answers ]

I really hope someone will reply soon. My report is due tomorrow, and for some reason, my printer is printing everything five times too small, all at the upper-left hand corner! Does anyone know how to stop this and get it to print normally? I know it has something to do with the fact my dad had...

Canon S450 printer help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon S450 printer and recently needed to change color ink jet. Since doing this I keep getting messages such as: Error writing to LP1 and also my printer lights are flashing. 1 green, 6 yellow, 1 green. Can anyone give me help in getting this printer going again?

Canon USB Printer Hangs XP Boot on Dell [ 2 Answers ]

My Canon MP 390 USB Printer hangs XP boot on a Dell 8300. Boots fine with printer not hooked-up. Boots with other USB devices. All USB hubs show up in Device Manager. Clean re-load of XP, SP2 and current BIOS don't help. Maybe an IRQ conflict? Or What?

Canon C755 Multipass printer [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure anybody can help me but here goes. My problem is with my Canon C755 Multipass printer. Whenever I try to print (either a Test print or from WordPad) I receive the following message: "To print this document a BC033 Color Cartridge is required. The device has a BC-30 cartridge/ink tank....

View more questions Search