Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2014, 02:44 PM
    Mini Excavator
    Friend has to replace his drain-field. Has a 36" wide gate chain link fence
    Do you think a Mini Excavator could pass through?
    I have been told many are 27" wide?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2014, 03:01 PM
    I view a mini escavators as something like a bobcat with a backhoe attachment. And those are WAY wider than 36 inches.

A trencher might just barely fit but it doesn't dig a ditch nearly wide enough for a drain field. Someone is going to be taking down a section of fence.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2014, 03:47 PM
    The CAT 300.9D according to this site is 29 inches wide, and there may be other makes as small or smaller. Finding one to rent or finding a contractor who has one may be the first big challenge. The next problem will be whether or not it can do the desired work. I would be looking at removing the gate, or possibly removing one fence post and some of the fencing. I have a similar problem (need to excavate a pipe trench in my case) and I know I will have to remove my gate, gate posts and some fencing on either side of the gate. Also depends on soil type your friend is digging into. Mine is hard digging in PA and a mini machine simply could not do the job, let alone finding the smallest model to rent.
    Mini Excavators | Landscaping | CatŪ Resource Center
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2014, 04:37 AM
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mini split [ 4 Answers ]

Is it safe to use a 20a breaker for a 15a mini split

About my mini Daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one tell me how offen a daschund female goes into heat or season, I got a female in dec.2007 the last owner says she was in heat in August. Its now march 2008 she still hasn't not gone onto heat. I have a male dauschund which is five years old and the female is two years old I would like to...

The Mini Pill [ 2 Answers ]

I've been taking the mini pill now for just over two weeks. On the 7th day I took my pill three hours late, but on that evening me and my boyfriend had 'dry sex', and I'm scared I might be pregnant. I had my pajama bottoms and underwear on, and he had his underwear on too. Were not sure whether he...

Mini dachaund [ 1 Answers ]

What food should I feed my 2 1/2 yr old mini doxie and how do I prevent future back problems?

Mini Doxie [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mini Doxie who will be 11 months old shortly. She is just finishing up her first heat which has been 3 weeks. Her nipples are still swoolen and her bottom as well, but not nearly as much. The blood is gone. I've been told that when they go "clear" that is when they are fertile. How...

View more questions Search