Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2014, 04:22 AM
    Resignation woes
    I handed my months' notice in to my manager yesterday and he's started being really offhand with me ! He is claiming that he sent me some work to do over a week ago via email, which he didn't ! I was actually chasing him for the information I needed to complete the work and he overlooked it.

So now he's trying to make me out to be a total fool. Not sure how to deal with this; I don't want to burn my bridges or be awkward but I'm seriously beginning to not give a damn because of his behaviour towards me !

Any advice on how to deal with this would be great

Thanks !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2014, 04:29 AM
    You did not say where you are at, or if this is some specialized work. A month notice is not normal, more normal is about 2 week.

Also,from places I have worked. About half the places fire you, the day you give notice.

So, go talk to the boss, ask him, if he wants you can just leave. ( if that is possible)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2014, 04:31 AM
    Get the information you need to complete the assignment and get it taken care of. He may have just been upset about losing you as an employee and he handled it badly.

As you said, never wise to burn your bridges in most cases. Especially if you need a letter of recommendation or a good reference when seeking new employment. Sometimes it happens where people return to a work place later on as well.

Do your best to take the high road and not let him get to you. Associate with him only as much as is necessary during your last month there.

It can be difficult once you give notice, because often you are already looking ahead with one foot out the door, but stay professional and finish off your time on a good basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resignation [ 3 Answers ]

I used to work at a grocery store and my store manager and a woman from loss prevention had me in a meeting and basically said they have me on camera stealing. I resigned after they made me sign all of these papers and the store manager thought a resignation would be best because had I Schoenberg...

Resignation [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am under J-1 visa and I would like to resign. What are the consequences? Will I have sone difficulties if I try to look for another job in the US or applying for another visa? Thank you in advance

Resignation [ 3 Answers ]

How do you politely ask a board member to resign.

Resignation via email [ 3 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry. Can I resign from a company via email and indicate that the resignation is effective immediately ? I do have another position to go to, and I do not want to go back to my old company. I am not working on any major projects and any outstanding work I can place on...

View more questions Search