Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tandav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2014, 03:39 AM
    Small homework problem
    Hello there, I have a homework question. If someone could help me, I will be really grateful. Thank you.

- Program specification:
    Design and implement a program for a school marks examination system.

- Details:
    You can download a file containing the following:
    • Student’s ID number
    • Subject name
    • Mark for that subject

Assume the following:
    • The student ID can begin with a zero, and should therefore be read in as a string.
    • The test data will contain 20 students but the program should be able to deal with up to 100 students.
    • Assume there are no more than 4 different subjects.

Your program should read in the file and print out the following. No other user input is required.
    (a) A table containing 1 row per student, containing the student ID number and all of the student’s marks
    (b) Another table, containing 1 row per student, containing the student ID number and the average mark obtained by that student
    (c) The average mark for each subject.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2014, 05:06 AM
    You cut and pasted your assignment... but forgot to cut and paste your answers, as are required by the rules of this site. We have people who will help you, but you are required to show your work and/or answers first BEFORE anyone will.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 22, 2014, 05:54 AM
    Gosh, that would be easy if you do a little research. We teach problem solving like this in elementary school. Please take the time to do your own work. Post your answer and someone will check it.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2014, 06:19 AM
    Use Excel to set-up a spreadsheet for this type of problem.
    tandav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2014, 02:48 PM
    Ok. Thank you for your feedbacks. Its just that I just got this homework and I needed some highlights how to work it, like a brainstorming. But thanks anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investments Homework Problem [ 3 Answers ]

A township expects its population of 5,000 to grow annually at the rate of 5%. The township currently spends $300 per inhabitant, but, as the result of inflation and wage increments, expects the per capita expenditure to grow annually by 7%. How much will the township’s budget be after 10, 15, and...

Homework--word problem [ 1 Answers ]

A crater has a diameter of a little more than 1/2 mile. If u walk around the rim at a rate of 2 miles per hour, how long will it take to walk all the way around? Find answer to nearest tenth. Use 3.14 for pie.

Math homework problem. [ 0 Answers ]

Assume the market for apples is perfectly competitive. Total output in the apple market is 5.1 million crates. The price of a crate of apples is $27.65. The average total cost of a crate of apples is $24.51. Draw and label the graphs for the apple market and a typical firm in the apple market. ...

Need help with this homework problem [ 1 Answers ]

Griffin Inc has authorized 500,000 shares of 10%, $10 par value, cumulative preferred stock. There were 100,000 shares issued and outstanding at all times during 2010. The firm also has authorized 5 million shares of $1 common stock, with 4 million shares issued and outstanding. On January...

Homework problem [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a homework question for my 11 year nephew " A father is 4 times as old as his son. In 6 years time he will be only 3 times as old. How old is each of them.

View more questions Search