Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rcl123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2014, 02:05 AM
    Will a one time use of meth show up on a hair follicle test
    I got drunk and stupidly used meth one time last weekend. It was wacky and I'm not going back there but I just found out I can get a job if I do hair follicle testing this coming week... I used about .2 of a gram... Will I fail the test... And if the test is positive will the reading be super high?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2014, 04:59 AM
    How do you know it was .2 of a gram? Its seems really odd since if it was only a one time use... and people generally as a rule don't out of the blue go from no drug use of any kind straight to meth (and a first time user wouldn't be weighing it out), you would be an exception to the rule when it comes to meth if that is really true.

The lab results will be whatever the lab results will be. They can't be fudged. And it will know if there was a one time use or if it was really more or included other types.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Aug 22, 2014, 11:24 PM
    For a hair follicle test, you should be concerned with the past ~3 months of drug use. Single use a week prior would probably not show, given that 1) your hair doesn't grow that fast, the HFTs I have had, they use clean scissors and snip off the hair, leaving about the past 1/16th" - 1/8th" on the scalp and 2) one time use is unlikely to show up on a test that is intended to show use over time.

If that is the only illegal drug, including prescription drugs not belonging to you that you have ever done, I wouldn't worry at all. If there is more to the story, then all bets are off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a low amount of meth will show in a hair test [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been clean for 3 yrs and a week ago I smoked 3 hits of meth. I may be getting a hair test for a job within the next 30 days and want to know if I need to worry

If I used meth one time will it come up on a hair follicle? [ 5 Answers ]

I made a stupid mistake and did meth will it come up in the hair follicle that I have in April?

Will one time use of meth show in a hair test? [ 2 Answers ]

Smoked it one time exactly 90days ago, what is the probability it will show up on a hair follical test.

View more questions Search