Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoria Jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Basic travel allowance United Arab Emerites
    My fiance' and son traveled to Dubai as he is an Architect. He designed a mall there.

When it came time to fly home the hotel clerk asked him if he had his BTA (Basic Travel Allowance). We had never heard of it.

So I sent him $4,000 to carry on the plane. On the way back to the hotel he was robbed. NO one except my fiance', the hotel emplyee and I knew the money was being sent. On the way back he was robbed.

I am not worried about the money, just want to get them back to the United States.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 05:05 PM
    There is no such thing. My sister flies from Dubai to the US and back several times a year.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 05:39 PM
    He's your fiance? Have you ever actually met him? What you've described here is a very popular scam.There is no such thing as a BTA and chances are that the only one that was robbed was you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 05:49 PM
    Which mall did he design? My sister and her family love to go skiing in the Mall of the Emirates.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 08:00 PM
    This is a common scam,

There is no such thing as a BTA and most certainly a hotel clerk has nothing to do with it,

So, if he is a real boyfriend, he buys his airline ticket and comes home, no issue at all. So he can just come home, no BTA needed.

If this was a person you have never actually meet in person. ( but you said son? ) that is more the normal scam, where they just take your money, say they were robbed and ask for more money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic travel allowance [ 0 Answers ]

I am leaving UK and I am asked to provide a bta ( basic travel allowance) in order to pass immigration I have been here for more then 3 months, is it necessary?

Basic travel allowance [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend is from the UK. She has never left her homeland. She wants to visit me here in Texas. She is coming on a one way flight because we are unsure how she will be visiting. Is she required a basic travel allowance & if so, how much is that amount?

Why do you need basic travel allowance to travel from ghana to the united states [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to have Basic Travel Allowance to travel from Ghana to the United States?

Basic Travel Allowance [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a basic travel allowance required for someone to return to the US if they are a US citizen

Basic travel allowance? [ 1 Answers ]

Myfriend in ukraine on Business she's froM The USA. She want's to fly to Paris Thenlater on to England, they won't give her her ticket paid for in the ukrain,unless she pay's Basic Travel Allowence first. l'm Worried for her, as she is Holidaying with us in England, Thank you Urshi Ford ,is this a...

View more questions Search