Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    polley015761 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2014, 10:48 AM
    Phone charging port
    My phone charging port had liquid in it and I was wondering if that can effect the whole phone. I dried it so it should be okay right besides the broken charging port.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Aug 21, 2014, 06:51 AM
    Place the phone in a ziplock bag with some rice to absorb all moisture that may have entered into the phone body. Just because you dried the jack doesn't mean there isn't more inside where you can't see. Depending on how bad the situation is (dropped in the sink v.s. a little splashing) you might need to leave the phone in the rice for sometime. When a phone is dunked its recommended to not use it, remove the battery if possible and leave it in the absorbent bag at least overnight before trying to use it. For a really bad soaking leave it for several days after wiping off what you can. Do not use a blow drier since blowing on it can force water deeper into the phones crevices. Liquid can also be present if the lithium battery leaks inside the phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is mean by Float charging & boost charging? [ 3 Answers ]

Respected sir, I want to know what is mean by battery boost charging And battery float charging? And how it works ? And which one is best for lead acid battery?

Lg 8350 charging port don't work [ 1 Answers ]

Charging port on my phone... LG 8350 is broken... are they solder in or a plug in so I can fix it... tks... richard

Charging a 3.7v cell phone battery with a 4.5v adaptor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Nokia 8800 which I bought in Europe and requires so many different adaptors to charge. I have an US adaptor which says that its Output DC is 4.5v max 9.5v. Can I charge my phone that is 3.7v with a 4.5v without harming it? Or should I get an adaptor that has less of an output voltage? ...

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

View more questions Search