Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KWL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2014, 06:31 AM
    Angina
    My dr is trying to determine whether I'm having issues with angina, acid reflux or an asthma attack (I do have asthma). He had me take nitroglycerin next time I have pain that begins in my face to chest to back which happens with no warning and no trouble breathing. So it just now happened and I took the pill. I watched the clock. After about 8 minutes the pain finally resided. Then I broke out into an extreme sweat, felt light headed and nauseated. After 10 minutes total, I felt better but somewhat exhausted. My dr office is closed today so I wondered if that is a normal side effect of nitroglycerin?

What do you think? Thank you.
    K
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 20, 2014, 06:35 AM
    Headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, and flushing may occur as your body adjusts to this medication. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Headache is often a sign that this medication is working. Your doctor may recommend treating headaches with an over-the-counter pain reliever (such as acetaminophen, aspirin). If the headaches continue or become severe, tell your doctor promptly.
    To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
    Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
    Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: fainting, fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat.
    A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following symptoms of a serious allergic reaction: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
    This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
    You can find the information here...

nitroglycerin oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angina [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 48 year old male, healthy but I have angina. I get hot even when its cold, sometimes I sweat in the head but mostly I just feel like I'm burning up all over my body from the inside out. WHY?. I also have more frequently stinging in my centre chest when walking and getting short of beath...

I am over 55. Small stature woman with heart blockage and angina. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a genetic heart condition and really suffering. With angina,no sleep, and depression, all of these are results of a heart attack and two heart catherizations in 4 months.

Do I have angina or gerd acid reflux or something else! [ 2 Answers ]

I have chest pain Unintentional weight loss without diet (for 5 months now? ) Feels like food is stuck And now I'm having arm pain when I rest!>.< I'm not sure if I have gerd or unstable angina or something else!! Plus can you tell me what's the difference between angina and gerd? I'm...

Can you have both gerd and angina? [ 1 Answers ]

I have arm pain for 2-3 days now.. it sometimes hurt when I rest :( I unintentional loss weight 5 months now... Chest pain and feels like food is stuck when I didn't swallow anything And past 2 days I wake up and have stomachache and "poop" I also burp even though I didn't eat anything And...

Angina Pectoris after MDMA use? [ 1 Answers ]

Two nights ago, I took 125mg of MDMA (orally) and the experience was very good until I started to come down. The feeling of a spiky object being pushed down a small tube appeared, starting at the top of my chest and steadily pushing down to the middle of my torso. I did nothing for about an hour...

View more questions Search