Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2014, 08:44 AM
    Employer holding paycheck
    I am a volunteer that gets a stipend. I turned in w4 forms because they said IRS said they had to deduct taxes. They lost the forms so now they are threatening to hold stipend until forms are in. Is that legal?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 09:03 AM
    Yes it's legal - by law they must withhold taxes per the information on your W4. What's the problem? Just give them another W4.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2014, 03:28 PM
    Yes, it takes about 5 minutes or less to do the form, just give them another set of forms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My employer won't pay me my first paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in IL and I just started a job and my employer says he needs more ID than just my SS#. I'm in the process of getting my state ID and state DL. But until I have those as proof of who I am, he will not give me a paycheck. Is that legal?

Employer won't pay us (employees last paycheck) [ 4 Answers ]

To make a long story short, a day care that I worked at closed last Monday (09/9/13), and she has stated to all employees that she was going to be unable to give us our last check. She has told everyone I worked with something different on why she can not pay us, she refuses to answer text/email...

How long can an employer hold a paycheck [ 1 Answers ]

My husband employer never makes payroll on time. They work all week and then on payday they can't make payroll. They are always waiting for that big check. Then when the check comes in the office manager (The son of the boss) spends it and the employees don't get paid. He is now over two weeks...

Holding a paycheck [ 1 Answers ]

The state is Oklahoma, how long can an employer hold a employee paycheck? Thank you, Robin

How can I get my former employer to send me my paycheck? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked from 11/19/2007 to 12/02/2007 then they let me go and now they are giving me the run around about my paycheck. I worked 43.36 hours at $8.00/hr. They owe me $348.80. What can I do to get my paycheck?

View more questions Search