Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 19, 2014, 06:02 AM
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel
    I just happened to test drive one the other day. It was a demonstrator with 4500 miles on it, so was marked way down. Nice heated leather seats and remote start and other frills this old lady might like.
    I knew NOTHING about diesel cars. I did a ton of reading and found nothing but glowing reports about performance and reliability. Car and Driver got 43 mpg at 75 mph and in small towns, and a whopping 58 mpg at 55 mph. Sticker mileage is 27 - 46. No traditional cold starting, rattling, smell, fumes, gas problems.
    A tiny bit of confusion of the 6 gear automatic at low speeds, and a tiny bit noisier from the outside, but not inside.

So why aren't people buying this car? It's a bit pricey? VW has all the diesel fans? I got a huge resistance to diesel from almost everyone I know on Facebook. They all think TRUCKS.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 06:22 AM
    Price of gasoline is not high enough to force conversion to diesel in the U.S.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 20, 2014, 07:26 AM
    Even if we keep gas prices down (not what I call down, but what the heck), I predict that diesel cars will make inroads in the next few years. It just seems to make sense. We borrowed all the knowledge of Europeans on this and we are making good diesel engines.
    I just don't drive enough anymore to make it worth it in my lifetime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 1986 Chevy Pick-up K30 with a 6.2 L diesel engine is overheating [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my 1986 Chevy Pick-up K30 with a 6.2 L diesel engine is overheating

2001 chevy diesel truck will turn over but will not start? [ 2 Answers ]

My 2001 chevy duramax diesel truck will turn over but will not start

86 f250 6.9L Diesel oil pan over filled with diesel [ 0 Answers ]

I found a 86 ford 6.9L diesel not running /primed the fuel system and got it running but ruff/white smoke and missing after running for about 10 minutes. Checked the oil level and found it over 5 quarts overfilled and very dieselly! Changed the oil and got it running but same thing happen. Way over...

My 6.2 chevy diesel want start [ 1 Answers ]

I have checked all of the fuses I really don't know if I'm getting power to the starter can any one please help me

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem [ 1 Answers ]

Ford f350 2000 turbo diesel,is mixing diesel in to the cooling sistem(with antifreeze) nothing with the oil.the engines is working properly.I remuved from the radiator one gallon of diesel.what kind of problem my truck has.

View more questions Search