Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tivoligardens Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2014, 06:01 PM
    The power of steam
    I would like to build a steam engine but first I need to build the boiler, pressure release and regulator. I understand the dangers of excessive pressure and the need for safety.

How do I figure out the amount of PSI needed to generate the force needed to drive a simple turbine ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2014, 08:31 AM
    A steam engine? Don't even think about building one. You can buy smaller demonstrating engines or boilers. Far too much danger for the uninitiated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If steam produces severe burns, how do people take steam baths? [ 8 Answers ]

Steam at 100 degree celsius produces more severe burns than boiling water at the same temperature. Despite this, people take steam baths without any injuries. How is that? I need this answer for my class IX summer holiday assignment. Please give relevant answers!

Thermodynamics: Simple Steam Power Plant [ 0 Answers ]

In the thermodynamics process (simple steam power plant),what would happen to the process if there is no condenser (therefore, there is no heat rejection) Assume that the shaft of the Turbine is connected to the pump. Thank you.

Steam boiler is returning water via steam pipe rather than through condensate tank [ 0 Answers ]

I have a steam boiler heating system in my home. After steam is produced and goes to the radiators, it is condensating and returning to the boiler via the steam pipe rather than the pipe leading to the condensate tank. It is a two pipe system. The boiler overfills after each cycle and I have to...

What happens if inlet steam temperature increases in a steam turbine? [ 0 Answers ]

What happens if inlet steam temperature increases or decreases the designed temperature in a steam turbine?what is the effect on turbine?

View more questions Search