Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariann123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2014, 11:57 AM
    My Samsung dvd player won't play any movies. It says This disc cannot be played.
    My Samsung dvd player won't play any movies anymore. It says " This disc cannot be played. Please check disc.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 17, 2014, 12:13 PM
    Clean the laser.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Aug 21, 2014, 07:12 AM
    Don't take that literally and go inside and wipe the laser lens with lens cleaning paper. You can buy a lens cleaning disk for a few bucks. You should have one anyway since they work on settop players, PC DVD drives as well as Blue-ray drives. It's just a disk with a small brush on it that spins quickly past the lens without touching it, but removing debris with wind and static removal. If that doesn't do the trick try checking the connections of the drive and see if they're secure. Finally you can go into your Device Manager, find the drive and uninstall the drivers then reboot the PC so Windows can reinstall the drivers. That works if the driver somehow became corrupted. Have you added any DVD type software recently like a player or burner? Sometimes they can screw things up and an uninstall and System Restore to a point before the software was added can help. Avoid Roxio software, it has a tendency to screw things up so bad even a system restore won't fix it (at least the last time I tried it, I gave it a second chance after a first bad experience and ended up reinstalling my OS again it was so screwed up).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't a memorex printable dvd play on a dvd player? [ 0 Answers ]

I burned a home movie to a regular dvd and it plays on the PC, Mac and DVD player attached to the TV. When I burn the same movie to a printable dvd it won't play on the DVD player.

My movies from ext hd won't play visual only audio in my media player [ 2 Answers ]

I hook my ext hd to one comp and it works fine when I hook it up to my other comp it only plays audio in the media player one that works is vista the one it doesn't work is xp windows media player 11.0.5

Burned Disc will not Finalize,Does not play in my DVD Player. [ 1 Answers ]

When I burn a movie ,I use IMG Burn,But when it is finished. It will not finalize the disc and it will not play on any of my DVD Player`s.Tried deleting the upper and lower filter`s and rebooting but that does not work.Can any one help me please.My Computer and DVD Burner are about 6 year`s old,and...

View more questions Search