Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jneubeker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2014, 09:36 PM
    Hi... I have an infloor heating system install (Schluter Ditra system), that needs
    Hi... I have an infloor heating system install (Schluter Ditra system), that needs to be run on a 240 volt breaker. I've installed a 14/2 wire from the thermostat box to the breaker, and install a 15 amp, 240 volt double pole breaker. I've connected both the black and the white (usually neutral) wires to the breaker and wrapped the white wire in black to signify that it's being used as a hot line. I've connected both wires to the thermostat, and again wrapped the white to signify its use as a hot wire.
    But... the thermostat won't turn on. Any suggestions? The breaker isn't tripping, and I think there is power at the thermostat line, but it's just not running.
    Thanks a lot!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 17, 2014, 06:19 PM
    I think there is power at the thermostat line
    Get a meter and be sure.

Describe the wiring to the cables.

Have you checked the heating cables for continuity?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2014, 06:44 PM
    Are you sure you connected it line and load sides? Some t'stats have a 4 connector block, the 2 center screws are line, outside are load.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Why won't my infloor heating system circulate through the system? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having infloor heating circulation problems, My pump is running and the water at the pump is hot but it is not running through the rest of the piping. What would cause the water not to circulate?

Using Schluter DITRA for bathroom floor [ 3 Answers ]

I found this product on the Home Depot website. It looks like it would be better for the floor than standard backer board. Would it be difficult for a novice to install? The only thing that gets me a little confused is the joining the floor to the wall. It looks like they have something that you...

What will it cost to install a trane heating/ac system? [ 1 Answers ]

I want a trane system in our home, however, I can not get direct answers from dealers. Our house is 1800 sq ft. approx. what will this cost us?

View more questions Search