Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 16, 2014, 06:40 AM
    Toilet Doesn't Flush
    This morning I awoke to a problem in my house. Flushed the downstairs toilet and the water went half way out then went nowhere. I could hear bubbling in the sink, then the water in the toilet slowly emptied out and air bubbles were coming up through the toilet drain. I tried flushing the upstairs toilet and it flushed fine but the downstairs toilet filled with the water from upstairs. I plunged it (not really expecting anything) and I could hear bubbling in the sink as I was doing that. Also, I could see a little bit of water coming from under the toilet as I plunged.

So...I'm on a septic tank....turns out it hasn't been pumped in almost 4 years. Is it full or is it something else I'm missing?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 16, 2014, 12:27 PM
    Well, no need to answer. The tank needed to be pumped out and that solved it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet doesn't flush well [ 1 Answers ]

My toiletdoesnt clear all the "waste" when its flushed the water level is at the rite level and if I dump a little water in the bowl as its flushing it all goes down fine.. any solutions on this?

Toilet doesn't flush well [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three gallon tank everything seems to work all but water flow. The bowl must be buildup how do I solve this problem

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

My toilet doesn't flush well. Need help [ 8 Answers ]

Hi We own a modest house in Georgia that we purchased new 10 years ago. I have 2 bathroom and 1 toilet does not flush much anymore. If you put a little too much toilet paper it just backs up. On a couple occasions it overflowed. What should I look into first? Replace the flush? Call a...

Toilet doesn't flush [ 3 Answers ]

I know this question is similar to some which have already been asked but unlike other toilets who don't flush properly, or completely mine doesn't flush. When I pull the lever to flush the toilet the water comes up almost to the rim then over the next ten min. the water will go down a little bit...

View more questions Search