Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ihatethelots6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2014, 08:25 PM
    How does selling souls/giving souls work?
    Okay so I heard that to sell souls or whatever you need to say out loud that you're offering your... uh you know what to the devil or demon, Can someone tell me why should it be said out loud? Is it because the devil or demons cant read our minds? I've heard that demons and satan cant read our minds alooooooot , Anyway I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong category :P
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 08:44 PM
    What?

Your post is very hard to understand.

Are you saying you want to try to sell your soul, and you want to know if you have to express that desire out loud because the devil and demons can't read your thoughts? And if so, you want to know why you have to say it out loud?

Is that the gist of your post?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 09:50 PM
    It is a very great movie, theme. Of course it is not real and not really possible.
    1bluesky Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2014, 09:59 PM
    No, devil cannot read our mind. You have to make sure you do not read your mind to the devil, and you'll be just fine.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 7, 2014, 03:40 AM
    What you say you've heard sounds a great deal like the introduction to the movie Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly. The only occult necessity for speaking aloud comes from the Talmudic Kabbalah and Zoroastrian periods that ritualized the concept of true names.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2014, 04:52 AM
    Other cultures tell you to go to a crossroads to shout out to the devil to sell your soul. Typically 2 roads crossing out in the middle of nowhere.
    There are countless ways to sell your soul.
    You don't even have to believe in the devil! You sell your soul every time you do something wrong just to get what you want. 'Wrong' of course has to be defined and people don't agree on it, but you pretty much know what is hurting others, or compromising your own integrity.
    A classic notion of selling your soul is to be too perfect in your craft, making you dangerously close to thinking you are better than God. In Islam (I think), many objects are handmade with an 'imperfection for Allah,' such as a rug with a missed stitch. Overall, this idea is to keep humility, no matter how skilled and talented you are.
    Murder, robbery, grubbing for money using fraud and deception - all that sort of real crime is pretty straightforward. You've sold your soul, crossroads or not.
    If you want to conjure up the devil to get your undeserved wish, you're on your own. Not many people believe that works. Just because one in a million got a pot of gold or got someone to drop dead, doesn't mean that wasn't going to happen anyway.
    And one last thing - the devil is always described as much too clever for any of us. Your wish may be given in exchange for your soul, but it might not be what you expected, and often you will be very very sorry you got it.
    Pehskawea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2014, 09:05 AM
    Even if you say it out loud, "I sell my soul,". It's not the end. God is good, and knows the pain whoever may be feeling at the time to invoke such last resort.

Oct 23, 2014, 09:16 AM
    I know of the thought of selling your soul, the very thought, (does that make it is real? Then I was bombarded for a year that I was lost.), I was bothered for 5 years of some f$@""$, demon telling me in my mind I was bound for hell. I'm Native American, everyone is spiritual where I come from. I know there is a god. I would not here if it weren't for him. I knew of medicine men who could read your thoughts to see your very darkest secrets. It's scary. But I know god is real. I never opened the bible, but this passion for knowing god has always been instilled in my heart.

Oct 23, 2014, 09:25 AM
    Selling your soul
    How easy is it to sell your soul? And who do you sell it too?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2014, 09:25 AM
    You can't.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2014, 09:30 AM
    See Faust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can see souls I nneed help [ 1 Answers ]

Today I was attacked by a demon I see ghosts I'm 11 and adults don't believe I don't want to be attacked again

Do athiests believe we have souls? [ 11 Answers ]

I was just curious to know. I know there is no actual proof of souls, but I know that many atheist believe in ghosts. And ghosts are lost souls trying to pass over right? I just wanted to see what their thoughts were on this subject.

Do Dogs Have Souls? [ 51 Answers ]

I recently had 2 cancer surgery's and am now clean. But while thinking about dying, I wondered about my dogs. They would be going to the pound if I was not around? While facing death, you think about everything?:rolleyes: So I decided, if I lived to try to save the dogs being killed everyday for...

Are souls and spirits real. [ 11 Answers ]

I guess souls and spirits is the one and same. Mediums can talk to loved ones who have already passed away. Why Would a spirit hang around. I thought they go to heaven right away, and if they do go to heaven can they see us and do they watch over us and if they do how do they do this from...

What if cheeseburgers had souls? [ 10 Answers ]

Really... I was wondering. What would happen in society, if people suddenly found proof to the conclusion that cheeseburgers had souls. Would we stop eating cheeseburgers? Or would we eat them anyway, because they have no pain receptors and so it wudlnt hurt them, and if we stopped eating them,...

View more questions Search