Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laptop1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 11:04 AM
    I need help with opening a 390x ibm thinkpad laptop
    :confused: If anyone has a manual that has the instructions on how to open or as they call it I think disassemble a IBM thinkpad 390x 2626 I would appreciate a copy of just this section please... I have taken the screws out of the back and popped the top but it will not go past halfway it appears to be fused at that point I know its something simple I'm not seeing but scared to force the opening thinking I will mess up delicate parts... Help if you can I tried to download a copy offline but the file is so big it will not open... gheez why do we think we need these things called computers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2005, 11:40 AM
    Did you try IBM's site?

Whoops I see you did. Can you post the URL for the manual. Maybe I can d/l and extract the section.

Feb 24, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Thanks scott
    Yes I did go to the IBM site and the one they have there will not download. This is the site I got the one that would download and it said it was a rar file and my PC will not open rar files and now I can't find the darn download to delete lol this is not a good day online with my search for help to get my laptop back up and running... http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=9320 if you can do that for me you are an angel for sure thanks again for your reply and have a blessed day :)
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Feb 24, 2005, 04:52 PM
    You need an unrar program. I believe something called "WinRAR" can do this...

Feb 24, 2005, 04:57 PM
    Thanks for all the replies
    I spoke with a ibm rep and there is a manual on their site and I loaded it and now I have computer guts everywhere lol thanks bunches to all that responed :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2005, 05:06 PM
    Good luck. I wouldn't like to take apart a laptop :)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2005, 02:54 AM
    Bloody hell... what have I done... Lets just hope there is something loose in there :S

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinkpad 390x display problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have just bought a thinkpad 390x old and cheap I know but I'm a student whenever there is a lot going on on the screen it gets all garbled, when I turn down the amount of colours from the display settings it helps but the problem does not go away I have tried to download drivers from the ibm...

ThinkPad boot problem [ 2 Answers ]

WHen I try to boot my ThinkPad I get the error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". I have not had problems in past nor have I made any recent changes. Any suggestions to get back on line. My OS is windows XP PRofessional

Ibm 390X 2626-LNU Boot problem [ 11 Answers ]

I just bought a very nice used IBM 390X 2626LNU. The machine is perfect except for a boot problem. When you shut the computer down it will not restart until you remove all power to the laptop and then return power. It's as if some little part of the laptop refuses to shut down finishing the cylcle....

IBM 390X CD-ROM Booting Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just got an IBM 390X at a computer show. I have no docs and Windows is not my really my specialty. Neither are laptops. So, here's my problem. I replaced the hard drive because I needed more disk, and now I need to reinstall Windows. I can't seem to boot from the DVD drive to start the...

Ibm Thinkpad Graphics [ 1 Answers ]

**DRIVING ME NUTS** ibm thinkpad 600e; windows 98se; when you fire up machine, you suffer v. poor graphics & if you right-click empty area of screen & select properties, it doesn't allow you to move the slider bar to adjust screen size, & only 2 colours are available, 16or black & white!! Have...

View more questions Search