Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2014, 09:42 PM
    To serve and protect
    A phrase that conjures up the ideal that the police can be trusted. But can they? It seems this is an open question in a more and more clouded environment

How did the riots start, did the police precipitate the situation?

Ferguson: Journalists Ryan J Reilly, Wesley Lowery arrested as 'warrior-cops' stalk streets | News.com.au

How does this fit in with the philosophy of not doing stupid stuff?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 04:23 AM
    This is no surprise that we have fallen off a cliff. The police actively seek out ex military. They have a quick to shoot against the enemy attitude. Combine that with the military hardware and it is just a change of scene for them. The "enemy" attitude exists. They want to kill as that is what they have been trained to do.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 04:57 AM
    What you are not hearing on most of the news is that the officer in question has gotten medical treatment after that event for what clearly resulted in a swollen face. Basically clear evidence he was assulted by the supposed "innocent" person. Funny how a certain element can be seen walking out of a store being looted carrying stuff they clearly didn't buy... and they will be proclaiming innocence and how they had the god given right to steal other peoples stuff.

Also... when was the last time anyone saw the White community rioting like these degenerates, the Asian community, the Hispanic Community?

Not to mention the lefty media is talking about "protestors" ...sorry but they stop being protestors and become rioters the moment they start with the violence. And as rioters they should all be shot, not with rubber bullets or beanbags..shot with live , very real ammunition.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 05:37 AM
    Let's try to separate one incident from another shall we. These incidents escalate as soon as the police show up in force with tactical gear. The use of Swat, etc has escalated alarmingly.

Now you might consider some of your citizens degenerates and you might be right, but you can't prove that without due process and that doesn't come at the end of a gun. The number of looters is usually small and the number of angry people large because the solution is to kill the black guy, rubber bullets do a great job, gives the offender the opportunity to think about it. They could taser the lot of them but that solution hasn't occurred to them, they could use fire hoses and water cannon
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 05:43 AM
    WHy taser them.. shoot them. Due process doesn't apply during the riot, or when they are coming out of the store at 3am.

If I lived there and they were smashing MY car or MY house... they would get shot on the spot... THAT is the due process they deserve.

THey should be at home... OFF the streets NOT causeing trouble.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 05:57 AM
    Yes smoothy, your hatred of blacks has been noted repeatedly.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 06:01 AM
    So you claim...

Which shows how little you know... there are blacks and then there are *******. And even the blacks that are respected members of society and respect the laws and peoples property don't even like them. And there are similar elements in every ethnic group....and its no different for them either.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 06:13 AM
    there are blacks and then there are *******.
    What's the asterisks?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 06:21 AM
    There are a number of words that can fit in there I could just as easily put (fill in the blank)... many of them used by the black community themselves about that same element.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 06:29 AM
    Smoothy so are you saying the cops are ALWAYS in the right and the black community are always the racial slur that you used? You do realize that is black and white thinking and nothing in this world is like that. Cops make mistakes, there are bad cops and guess what there are also black cops. How does that fit in with your racism? See you support cops no matter what but have a dislike for blacks... hmmmm that does not seem like it balances out.
    What I have discovered is:
    There are good cops
    There are bad cops
    There are good people from every race
    There are bad people from every race

People have the right to peacefully protest.
    News people have the right to report the news without them being attacked
    People have the right to not live in fear of the people who are supposed to protect them
    People have the right to not be fearful of their dogs being shot by cops on their property
    People have the right to live in their own home as they wish as long as they don't break laws

Lastly for those against protesting. What would North America be like without Martin Luther King protesting? What would the world be like without the civil war fighting against slavery and the underground railroad?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 06:47 AM
    mogrann... I don't know the ethnic mix where you live... but the black majority counties around here are where the MAJORITY of crime takes place... its not where the majority of police issues take place. Same with the Black majority wards of Washington DC (wards are how the city is divided up) All the worst crime is in the black majority wards.

Sorry but I totally dissagree with much of your post... You aren't protesting when you are committing violence... the people in fear of the police are the people that are breaking the law with great regularity... if you have an aggressive dog... expect it to be shot... there is no excuse for having , training or breeding aggressive dogs. Dogs get out, agressive dongs that get out are dangerous to the neighbors. At one time I HAD neighbors that had two pitbulls....they had a fence, they still got out....when two of us threatened to shoot them if they so much as growed at us when they got out they took the dogs and moved.

And we both would have done it too. YOu would not want to get caught breaking into a house where I live....most of my neighbors have guns and wouldn't shoot an intruder to wound them, they would make sure they never got up again. Ilive in a right to carry state where its legal to open carry without a liscense, and they HAVE to issue a concealed carry permit if you have a clean background and apply for one. Not surprising we have a very low crime rate compared to Washington DC and Maryland both despite being so close.

And sorry, no you don't have the right to live in your own home as you wish if you are causeing problems for those around you... sorry, but if you wish to do that... you can move far out in the country when you have no neighbors close enough to bother.

The cop in this case was assaulted by the person that he later shot... he got medical treatment for it... but you aren't seeing that on most of the news... just like the Treyvon martin case.. the media is twisting this around into something that never was... to suit an angenda.

If you actually believe most of what you see on the news is accurate or even correct... you are saddly mistaken... the so called "NEWS" is heavily biased by the editors decision what they want people to hear... and that often is not what actually happened. I've got 30 years of seeing how the news is slanted and twisted in more than one country to assume anything you see is exactly what happened. There is no country on earth where there is a journalists code or law that requires them to tell everything as it really happened. Yes I've had direct access to quite a few events, as in hundreds if not thousands over that time that I have later seen reported incorrectly or completely wrong.

I see you bopught into that revisionist history version of what the Civil war was about... sorry, but that's not what it was really about. I've lived in the "South" long enough to know both sides of what happened there....even though I was born as a "Yankee" my adult life has been well south of the Mason Dixon Line.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 06:47 AM
    Smoothy sees nothing wrong with executing a black guy for walking down the street in his own neighborhood.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 06:52 AM
    When he assulats a cop.. then gets shot while fleeing... which IS the case here then he deserves shot. The liberal media has been twisting this story more and more by the day...
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 07:52 AM
    Let's face it smoothy, if this wasn't this fear that everyone has a gun then wouldn't be the need to do so much shooting, you have the right to bare arms or arm barrs, I think you have done the latter
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 08:04 AM
    The only people here that fear people legally owning guns are criminals and liberals. And maybe certain members of the Police (but not all of them) and the Government.

I own a bunch of them. And in the entire time I've owned them....they never came to life and hurt anyone.

Though one of them has without a doubt been used to kill an unknown number of people well before the time I was born. Otherwise it somehow managed to make it through the 1920's in Europe and WW2 without being used for its intended purpose.

An 8mm Yugoslav manufactured Mauser.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 08:13 AM
    These incidents escalate as soon as the police show up in force with tactical gear. The use of Swat, etc has escalated alarmingly.
    correction .... they escalate when jerks like al Sharpton show up to throw gasoline on the fire.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 08:53 AM
    they escalate when jerks like al Sharpton show up

The Swat people were pretty much out of control before the Reverend of Racism showed up this time. Arresting reporters and elected officials is not normally what is referred to as "under control."

Reporters arrested in Ferguson - POLITICO.com

Alderman, Citizen-Journalist Ordered Out of His Car, Then Arrested by Ferguson Police Because He 'Didn't Listen,' Wife Says | TheBlaze.com
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Aug 14, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Smoothy I suggest you start educating yourself on cops shooting dogs.. It is not dogs that are "aggressive". It is cops seeing a dog approach them when they are on the dogs property and then shoot first. Many a dog has been shot and killed for no reason.
    To also brag on here that you threatened to shoot and kill a dog "pit bull" well that angers me. If the dogs were that aggressive whey did you not call animal control to have a behaviour study done? I think you dislike pit bulls which means you probably dislike Owen as he is a bully breed. I am bitting my tongue right now as I battle against BSL and hatred of pit bulls. I have no gun but if someone shot Owen for growling I would F"n rip your throat out.

Take a look at this page for all of the bad cops that have shot dogs
    https://www.facebook.com/Mr.PolicemanDontShootMyDog
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 03:24 PM
    So we have gone from shooting people to shooting dogs, just shows how the issues get blurred. I agree with smoothy I would be supicious of all pit bulls, just like certain people they don't back off in the face of authority, but there are alternatives to shooting and police forces can use those alternatives, but then I expect backwoods police forces aren't equipped
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2014, 04:03 PM
    mogrann, I'm 53, and have personally known a fair number of cops my entire life many of them I considered friends. A dogs owner is under obligation to restrain their dogs when told... dogs do not have rights that exceed those of Police, firemen or anyone else. THey have the right to do it if a dog even appears to be coming after them... and that is a result of too many officials being bitten by dogs over far too many years. And I have been attacked by a German shepard before many, many years ago... that dog was put down by its owner before the sun ever came up.

Well, I really don't care if that angers you (but its NOT meant to be personal).. the fact that dog was loose unleased is a violation of the law to begin with, a 90+ pound pit bull that growls at people makes it worse... the fact it was on MY property makes it that much worse... that neighbor was an openly hostile person to begin with, and if he entered my house threatening me I'd have shoot him to death too, yes we can do that here too. See I don't live in Canada where nobody really has any rights and everyone has to bow to the criminals and the animals they use to threaten others. Look at the statitics of most of the people who picks that breed above all others... you don't see them with toy poodles for example.

No not all pitbulls are born bad....but if they are raised to be that way....it doesn't matter. I've known two others that were quite docile and friendly....those didn't growl at people.

I've had dogs much of my life... in fact I prefer dogs to cats any day, I like well trained dogs, and it's a very rare case where a dog growls at me so I take it seriously as an act of aggression by it when it does happen. The line is crossed when they fail to keep their dogs in their own yard. Anything that happens when they don't.. is on them. I don't have wait for someone to get mauled, on my property all I had to feel was threatened. Neither would the other neighbor who threatened the same thing... he had a wife, two children and another smaller dog. And I had a wife... not to mention we OWN our property. In many areas an aggressive animal can be put down the first time it happens, and the rest it will be done on the second. Doesn't matter if they were trained to be aggressive or were that was naturally... an aggressive animal that size remains a threat to others. A Yorkshire terrier might run up and bite you but its not the same threat a 90+ lbs dog bred to fight is.

Both of their pit bulls growled at the other neighbors on or off the leash. And incidentally... the local police said we would be well within out rights to do it under those circumstances, when they were on our property, Yes we asked, nobody was even thinking of going to do it on their property.

They moved away after being there only about 6 months before anything came to a head. Everyone in our Cul-de-sac were quite happy they did.

Also sorry but I am not a peta member... Humans are higher on the evolutionary tree than dogs... they don't share human rights. And before you go there... I don't kick puppies or any other animal... I do like to hunt when I get the chance which is not often enough... and I don't trophy hunt.. I eat what I shoot or I won't hunt it. I probibly have more wildlife living in my yard than most people with far larger properties in rural areas... and I'm in the middle of the city.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does one serve a subpoena [ 5 Answers ]

Custody battle. Need to subpoena two individuals who will testify on my behalf. Both need to be subpoenaed for work purposes. I am representing myself. I have the forms from the clerk filled out, but cannot locate absolute fact on how to deliver the subpoenas. Do I need to pay for a sheriff in my...

How much longer will she serve [ 1 Answers ]

My girl has served 90 days in county jail. She was just sentenced to 120 shock time in DOC with credit for time served. Will she get credit for each day she spent in jail or just a percentage of them? How does that work?

James can serve 10 customers in 5 minutes. Peter can serve 5 customers in 10 mintues. [ 3 Answers ]

James can serve 10 customers in 5 minutes. Peter can serve 5 customers in 10 mintues. Working together, how many customers can they serve in 30 minutes.

Tennis serve [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help figuring out the set up of this problem. Jane has 2 tennis serves, a hard serve and a soft serve, her hard serve is good 50% of the time and her soft serve is good 75% of the time. I f her hard serve is in she wims 75% of her points. If her soft serve is in she wins 50% of her...

How do I serve if deported? [ 1 Answers ]

If my husband was deported I am wondering how is it possible to serve him notice. I know u guys said I should get an attorney but the truth is that I can not afford one. Especially with all of the court fees I will be incurring already. Please help! I am in love and want to marry the person I am...

View more questions Search