Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Aug 12, 2014, 01:17 PM
    Can't rent because I'm a full time student?
    Is this real? Just got told at a leasing office that they could not rent to me because they are some sort of certain community and have some sort of limit on full time student renters. I regret not asking questions. What's up?

Sacramento, CA
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 01:23 PM
    Where? What community? Maybe they've had bad experiences with students.
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Aug 12, 2014, 01:26 PM
    Sienna Vista outside of American River College. I tried to Google info but couldn't find anything. I don't imagine they are pulling anything illegal. But it's weird.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 02:37 PM
    Maybe they've had problem with students not paying the rent or even trashing their apartments or not fitting in with the other tenants. Did you ask what type of community the want to rent to?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2014, 03:06 PM
    Students are transient, they may prefer longer term tenants. Students are not a protected class under anti-discrimination laws.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Students tend to party in large numbers late into the night. Plain and simple discrimination, and it's allowed. Only a few kinds aren't, like race.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2014, 03:23 PM
    I wouldn't say just a few kids that are bad apples... there are actually quite a few, particularly when you get groups of them together, go to any college town and it's a HUGE problem... and I work near one that has a lot of priveledged college students (as in rich families) that cause lots of problems for the people who own homes there and have families with the noise, fights and debris that follows, George Washington University, Georgetown University and American University all within a 5 mile radius.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Full-time student [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file taxes if I am a full-time student with a child and I didn't have a job for the year 2008?

Full time student and working [ 5 Answers ]

I'll be starting my freshman year at san diego state this September. I'll be an out of state student, with like no family there. I plan on working and being a full time student. Do any of you find this extremely hard and how do you deal with it?

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

View more questions Search