Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mastermind66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 09:55 AM
    a particle starts from rest at fixed point O and its acceleration is V=12t^2-24t +8m
    a particle starts from rest at fixed point O and its acceleration is V=12t^2-24t +8 m\s^2 Show that the particle is again at rest when it returns to O and find maximum displacement from O before it returns
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 10:03 AM
    Hint: first step is to integrate acceleration equation to get velocity as a function of time, then integrate velocity to get position as a function of time. Have you tried that? What do you get?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

a particle moves along a line with acceleration a(t)=5t+2. the velocity after 2 sec I [ 11 Answers ]

I need how to calculate the initial velocity and the velocity after 4 seconds

The acceleration of a particle moving only on a horizontal plane? [ 0 Answers ]

The acceleration of a particle moving only on a horizontal plane is given by a= 3ti 4tj, where a is in meters per second-squared and t is in seconds. At t = 0s, the position vector r= (20.0 m)i (40.0 m)j locates the particle, which then has the velocity vector v= (5.000 m/s)i (2.00 m/s)j ...

Components of acceleration for particle in circular motion [ 1 Answers ]

Find the components a_T and a_N of the acceleration vector of a particle moving along a circular path of radius R= 100 cm with constant velocity v0= 5 cm/s.

Finding average acceleration and point acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A car initially traveling eastward turns north by traveling in a circular path at uniform speed as in the figure below. The length of the arc ABC is 260 m, and the car completes the turn in 40.0 s. I need to find the acceleration at a point 35 degrees below the horizontal in terms of vectors I...

Alpha particle acceleration [ 8 Answers ]

So if you have an alpha particle accelerated to 23.1 MeV per particle. How do you convert it to find the energy in kJ/mole?

View more questions Search