Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2014, 10:07 PM
    A China friendly Australia
    Australian hotels are exhorted to be china friendly with some exceptional ideas as freebees. Not wanting to be picky but why should chinese tourists to be the only ones to get free condoms, free slippers, free bottled water, free toys, free sovineers?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 12:45 AM
    Because they ask for them, to get the business. If your booking company will demand enough to do business, you can get things too. But most booking companies, will not deny booking to hotels who will not do deals.

If you are a booking agency or travel company in China, you basically tell hotels, they will do this, or you will not give them any business.
    They may be paying higher feels to the booking agency even, to get the business.

Also, those items are standard things in all Chinese hotels, and are expected.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2014, 09:27 PM
    Really, never saw any of them when I was there, was I unobservant or was it because I didn't make forward bookings with a list of demands.

Back to the piece, if hotels provide these things for Chinese tourists they should provide them for all tourists, I'm not speaking about a booking agent here, but the article published here the other day in which we were told to get China ready, and I say why, they want to come, let them, but they should expect a different cultural experience after all that is what travel is about
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2014, 08:33 AM
    Tooth brushes, combs, condoms are all standard in most hotels. ( of course cards or ads for sex services are also standard in most) I have only stayed in one hotel, where there was not a number on the night stand ( a hotel extension) for sexual service. I would assume the other hotel had that service, but you would have to ask.

China is very, very birth control conscience. University here has free condom machines, where they use their ID card to get one (or two)

And around any complex there are machines on the walls near most entrances. I think they are 1 rmb, ( about 15 cents USD.)

At the stores like Walmart or the large department stores, they are on the checkout counter ( instead of candy)

Also, bottled water is supplied in every hotel room.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2014, 08:57 AM
    the article published here the other day in which we were told to get China ready, and I say why, they want to come, let them, but they should expect a different cultural experience after all that is what travel is about
    The governmental tourism policy often has a mandate to get new-new revenue into the gov revenue stream. If it means spending $1 to get $15 then it's a good expense.

The tourists will still get the different cultural experience. Really no different than the Contiki bus tours that the aussies have been so fond of for decades.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2014, 10:47 PM
    Not sure about those contiki tours but bus tours are a useful way of seeing another country which you are not familiar with. I did my own bus tour through China, would have been better if it had been organised, if only for the language problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too friendly ex? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancés ex is trying way to hard to be super friendly with ME. I know she says things to their daughter about me because her daughter had told me. Yet this woman calls me to ask boyfriend advice and calls to make small talk. We're all in our 40s and I have children as well. But I've never been...

Does he like me or is he being friendly? [ 3 Answers ]

I like a boy a lot lol he goes to my youth group and he does Treat me different from other girls. When he is around other girls he will act normal and he seems very comfortable. But when he gets around me he gets quite and he can't look at me sometimes when we are talking. I do catch him...

Does he like me or is he just trying to be friendly [ 1 Answers ]

I met this guy in my biology lab class about two weeks ago. He became my new lab partner because his original seat got taken. He introduced himself to me and we have occasionally talked since. He seems like a social, friendly guy. I'm not sure if he's trying to make moves on me or not though. ...

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

View more questions Search