Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syncnova Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 03:19 PM
    English : use of multiple negatives in a sentence.
    Hi Everyone.

Can someone please clarify the meaning of the following sentence for me:

"I have never seen an episode of this program that was not better then the previous one."

Does the above statement mean that the newest episode is always better then the previous episode, or does it mean that the firs episode was the best?

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
    It means that the newest episode is always better then the previous episode. -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a sentence translated into Spanish [ 6 Answers ]

How do You say "want to sit by me at Lunch" in spanish :)

Can I Still Become A Cop If I Have A Deffered Sentence? [ 4 Answers ]

I Had Two Felony Charges, Both Non-violent And Where Deferred, Well Since There Deferred Can I Become Police Officer Since I Wasn't Convicted,I Live In Oklahoma And I Always Wanted To Be A Cop Just Got Stupid 6 Years Ago, I Was Young And You Know How That Goes, I Was Told I Can But Guns,vote And...

One sentence of lyrics repeated over and over [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please help, SOMEONE SENT ME A VIDEO CLIP AND THERE WAS A SONG IN IT, I HAVE RIPPED THE SONG BUT THE SOUND IS CRAP, and need to find what the song is so I can get the proper song. The song is kind of dance/trance/techno it is sung by a girl/woman THE FEW LYRICS IN IT GO LIKE THIS... ...

Hoping results are false negatives [ 5 Answers ]

Hello-I wnted to see if others have shared in my frustrations and have any advice. I had my last af the 26th of sept. I am always irregular so this came as no surprise except now I am hoping I am pregnant. I have been experiencing these symptoms: extreme mood swings, very tired at night, sore...

View more questions Search