Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traciem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Flying white parasite..?
    Oh I am so frustrated! There has to be someone who knows what these "things" are! Hello.. Any Entomologist on here? I have lost all faith in the medical community. I have dealt with this for over three years now, seen 12 doctors and finally the last doctor looked at my scalp for 5 secs diagnoses as folliculitis. YOU THINK... Im sure after all this time whatever these little vamps are have gave me an inflammed infected scalp. My skin hurts burns stings! What are these almost invisible flying white parasites? And the tiny short black worm like things in my hair? Are they at a certain stage or what? Come on people speak up!! Yes I'm very angry and I'm sure I need to see a psych after 3 years and searching for a doctor smart enough to figure this one out!! Blooming idi.ts.! They are ALL delusional. Im sure were told to keep quite. Probably our fine governments doings...
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 03:15 PM
    It sounds like all that the physicians are seeing is the results of your scalp being irritated. Have you tried to capture any specimens? Even if they are white capturing them with transparent tape and attaching them to a plain white card will allow someone with a dissection microscope to make an I.D. for you. Good places to find people with that equipment and knowledge of its use are Biology Labs at schools, large exterminators' offices, and (in the U.S.) Dept. of Agriculture extension offices.

You'll never be able to control them until you have a documented identification.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 11, 2014, 03:43 PM
    Do as Cats has suggested...if these are real and you can see them...then you should be able to capture some on a piece of tape. You claim there are short black worms in your hair, you should be able to brush or shake them out on a piece of paper and have them examined.
    traciem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    It sounds like all that the physicians are seeing is the results of your scalp being irritated. Have you tried to capture any specimens? Even if they are white capturing them with transparent tape and attaching them to a plain white card will allow someone with a dissection microscope to make an I.D. for you. Good places to find people with that equipment and knowledge of its use are Biology Labs at schools, large exterminators' offices, and (in the U.S.) Dept. of Agriculture extension offices.

You'll never be able to control them until you have a documented identification.
    Yes I have collected everything on tape, in ziplock bags etc. dermatologist at university of Alabama dermatology kirklin clinic said yes they are something so was sent to lab the pathologist said a lot of hair, clothing fibers, and wings but unable to specify. The doctor does not know what to do... she said I have thick hair, live in the south, and these bugs just love my hair, some people just live with bugs... how laughable is that. And I may want to go to the mayo clinic jacksonville Florida. I live in meridian Mississippi and have been to birmingham al. gulfport ms. jackson ms. and many doctors here. I also sent samples to Mississippi state university entomologist and he said THRIPS... but said thrips do bite but do not live on people... well these things are living in on under my scalp and on in hair! This is why I am so frustrated because the medical community cant won't do not know how to help me... thanks for your advise. If you know of anywhere that I can go where a doctor doesn't sweep me under the rug please let me know. I'm very desperate. Need my life back. Thanks agai...

Also I sent hair samples to a forensic analysis in huntsville al. he said there were a few pieces of fiberglass insulation and a white shimmering substance. He said it's the most bizarre thing he has seen in 42 years working in his profession... said our bodies do not produce this stuff... he is the one who referred me to uab kirklin dermatology... and wants to know needs to know my true diagnosis... I do too!
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 12, 2014, 09:44 AM
    U of Fl also says thrips are strictly plant pests.

THRIPS

Do you by any chance have natural fiber bedding? Furniture? While unusual, something like that as a source is more likely than them changing their entire lifestyle.

Another group that might be mistaken for thrips would be psocids

Bug of the day — Psocids » Bug Week

Or Springtails

ENY-228/IG124: Springtails

Note I used Florida's links to give you some references relatively close to home.
    lymewarrior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Stop looking for help from the "experts". They are all clueless and can't help you. I had a dermatologist witness a bug crawl out of my skin and hop away and even though he finally believed me, there was nothing he could do. I stopped talking to doctors about it. I've had them in my eyes, nose, throat, and all parts of my body. There's plenty of science, but none of the "experts" know about it.

I identifyed mine as springtails, but they could be midges, psocids or thrips. It doesn't really matter... the cure is the same. Abandon all your belongings, and I mean all, and move. Get tested for lyme (they gave me and my son lyme, and are attracted to the lyme bacteria... never mind what the "experts" say), change your diet, and stay away from mold and dampness. I've had some success with enzyme cleaners, MMS, cedar fogging and essential oils. Limited success with any kind of pest control. Clothes and bedding are the most difficult to treat. Move, leave everything, and keep it all immaculately clean. Burn menthol crystals... those help.

Good luck.
    Unhappy2nite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2014, 08:02 AM
    I have been dealing with this for almost five years and almost committed suicide because of It. I believe this bug problem is more common than we think. Many people have it, but it has not developed in a serious stage as ours. We need blood tests done. Undergo some type of major examination -head to toe- to detect what is truly there. I have had loss of sleep, bad focusing problem and damaged hair and skin. It would be better if the doctors were infected because once they are a victim they would take all measures to cure themselves. If you don't mind me asking: is it contagious in your case? And how do you live with it?
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 21, 2014, 09:12 AM
    Unhappy2nite, I have to ask the same question I keep asking everyone else with this complaint: What makes you think they're bugs? Arachnids and insects cannot do what these questions say you're experiencing. That's why I keep harping on environmental factors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have those flying white parasites what are they and does anyone else have them? [ 28 Answers ]

I have those flying white parasites in an article you have on Ask Me Help Desk. I read the article it was like looking in the mirror. I have the same symptoms. They are white parasites when they go on your skin they turn black and burrow into your skin. They are everywhere. I bombed and use the...

Flying white parasites - [ 12 Answers ]

I had found several links and writings on the topic of flying parasites but they seemed to end without resolution and I am wondering if anyone if a resolution has been found. Here is my experience: Buggysbegone and Findit and others suffering with this unusual parasite. I am also quite...

White parasite [ 1 Answers ]

White parasite that look like lint

View more questions Search