Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raman41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 10:22 PM
    Water pump connected to electric line trips while connecting it with generator do not
    Water pump connected to regular electricity connection trips after 5 minutes on its switch on. It never trips if connected to a diesel generator. Possible reasons?
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Aug 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
    Guessing from what little information I have, the line power circuit breaker is a lower amperage than the one on the generator. The fact that the motor runs on the line power for a few minutes indicates to me that the motor is running near the capacity of the breaker and it takes a few minutes to trip or the line breaker has additional loads on it that the generator doesn't and the accumulation of loads on the line breaker are above the 80% capacity of the breaker and it trips in a few minutes. There could be other issues, but this sounds most likely to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric water heater trips breaker [ 2 Answers ]

4 yr. old water heater, hooked up to a well, last yr. replaced elements that didn't look that bad. It started tripping the breaker again this week. I drained it, and removed both elements, they looked allright, but I did lightly sand them to removed some sediment. I also flushed the tank pretty...

We have lost water to our hose, in the pump house the submersible pump motor trips [ 3 Answers ]

We lost water, so we went to the pump house the submersible pump motor tripped, we clicked the reset button and it builds pressure to about 38 PSI then trips again, so we replaced the motor, no change does same problem, so we replaced the 30/50 pressure switch, same problem exists.

Does the water line connected to a refrigerator have to be a copper line? [ 2 Answers ]

Does the water line connected to a refrigerator have to be a copper line?

How is a generator connected to mains electric [ 4 Answers ]

What switch gear is required? And instructions please. I have the ability to work with wiring safely.

Breaker for underground water pump trips when a large volume of water is used [ 2 Answers ]

The breaker for the pump trips when the washer fills. Washer repair person said it is not the washer and pump repair person said the pump is working correctly. Breaker does not trip every time. Could it be a bad breaker?

View more questions Search