Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onederful Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 02:13 PM
    How to determine if my brother is my real brother
    I have a brother 2 years older than I and we want to know if we share the same father. Both parents are deceased and we live in different states.
    ILoveeAnimals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 04:09 PM
    You can get a kinship test. You and the siblings would need to be tested. There are some on the market that can do kinship and "ethnicity" testing at the same time. I air quote ethnicity because it's really a population finder that looks for genetically similar groups in relation to deep geography, which isn't exactly the same thing as ethnicity (one's own culture). However, the test will show how closely you are related, it won't really prove who the father is. I personally would be cautious about presuming for sure without having the suspected father tested.

A note of caution, DNA tests can often be hard to inerpret and the results aren't always presented in a way that is easy to understand. What the test can and cannot tell you can be very confusing. Kinship tests can also be the most expensive . Read the FAQs and make sure you understand exactly what you're getting.

https://customercare.23andme.com/ent...full-siblings-

From familytreedna Family Finder (not recommended since you share a parent, it won't tell you anything. Providing link just for comparison of FAQs)
    https://www.familytreedna.com/products.aspx

Two that specialize in kinship testing only:
    Worldwide Genetics DNA Kinship and Family Relationship Testing

https://www.orchidcellmark.com/kinship.html

Sincerely,
    Rihanna (:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2014, 04:50 PM
    Can I ask why this is important to you? With both parents deceased, its not about inheritance so what's the big deal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Younger brother runs through sliding glass doors while older brother watches [ 3 Answers ]

I saw this on TV a few months ago, started with a bunch of parents are having a house party, which takes place in the 60's . There are two younger boys who live at the house and they are running all over the place having fun. Parents tell them time for bed. Then I remember seeing the two...

Can the property (jointly held by brother & father) transfer from brother to brother [ 1 Answers ]

I own a property jointly with my father. Now I wish to transfer/gift this property to my brother. Could you please advise what would be the best way to execute this. What are the legal complications, tax and/or any other issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks. D Dumbre. I jointly own a...

Can I be pregnant from my real brother? [ 13 Answers ]

I am 20years old.. my periods are late by 10 days almost.. and I never had sex with any guy.. but I usually hug my elder brother tightly out of love.. he is 6 years elder to me.. I was very stressed 3 months ago.. since then my periods are quite irregular.. but it had never been so late.. I am...

What is the title of the movie where one brother is gone to war and the other brother [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title of the movie where one brother is gone to war and the brother who is home gets into a romantic relationship with his wife and bond with the Children

Brother lending money to sister/brother-in-law. How do we set up the mortgage? [ 9 Answers ]

My son is going to lend money to my daughter and her husband as a mortgage (they will use it to pay off existing mortgage). What documents do we need to create? I'm assuming some sort of mortgage agreement. Do we need to file these documents somewhere to make the mortgage legal? We live in PA,...

View more questions Search