Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KittehPersom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2014, 01:27 PM
    Kitten passing blood in stool (tiny bit)
    My kitten (adopted as a stray, we've had him for about a week now) passed a small amount of blood in his stools when he pooped today, and his back twitches when he poops, he's still playful but he doesn't like it when I hold his bottom, d you know what could be wrong with him? My parents planned to take him to the vet soonish ( a week or so) do you think my kitten can wait until then, or do we need to take him sooner?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 9, 2014, 08:16 PM
    He hasn't had an exam or shots yet? It could be many things. I always take my new animals to the vet right away so I know if they need any treatment. Ask your parents if you can go sooner.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 10, 2014, 02:28 AM
    The kitten is in obvious pain. I wouldn't wait a week to find out why. Not doing it immediately is just cruel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog is vomiting but not passing stool [ 5 Answers ]

Cash is a boxer-cattle hound mix. He has always had a sensitive stomach - and we have visited the vet occasionally when he has vomiting spells. The vet has given an anti-vomiting injection, and instructed small meals and monitoring as long as Cash continues to drink small amounts, and/or regain...

My 11 week old puppy has a little bit of blood in her stool should I be worried [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 week old female puppy has had a little bit of blood in her stoll should I be worried? She's acting normal?

A little bit of blood in puppys stool she is 11 weeks old [ 14 Answers ]

I have just brough a new puppy home for my other dog I have both of them have their first year shots, but my puppy seems to be having loose stools and today there was a bit of redish coloring to it, Now she is only eating my older dogs food and will not eat her puppy food, could this me the reason...

My kitten has blood in his stool. Not every time I don't think. [ 0 Answers ]

My kitten is pooping and it has a little bit of blood in it. I still have to deworm him and we have to bring him in to see how much he weighs and we don't have appointment until Jan 21st 2011. I got told he might be pushing to hard and that is why he is bleeding and it shows up in his stool. The...

My kitten is passing blood in his stool [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten started passing a little bit of blood in his stool today and I was wondering if I should be concerned I also have a pekapoo puppy and I was wondering if my kitten could possibly have something that my puppy could catch

View more questions Search