Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsmallwood Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Heater blowing cold air
    My heater at home is blowing cold air -- I have the thermostat set to 75 degrees and it says the HEAT to indicate it is on. What's the problem?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Apr 6, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Can you give more information as to what type of fuel the furncae uses? Propane, nat gas, oil, etc. Also what Brand of furnace do you have?

Morrowrj
    Dromedarius Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Is it a furnace or a heat pump? If it is a heat pump, that's what they blow, colder air. It's still 75 degrees (or whatever), but that's still below your body temp so it feels cold to the touch.

On the other hand, if you have a natural gas furnace, you'll definitely feel the heat (pun intended).

Apr 6, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Please forgive my lack of "know-how", but I believe that it is electric. There is no furnace in my place (I live in a condo). Not sure if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowrj
    Can you give more information as to what type of fuel the furncae uses? Propane, nat gas, oil, etc. Also what Brand of furnace do you have?

Morrowrj

Apr 6, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Re: furnace vs heat pump -- but even when I increase the temp to like 85+, the air doesn't get warmer to heat up to that temperature. It stays cool and doesn't get above 70. It just stays on continuously blowing cool air. Hope this description isn't confusing.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2007, 11:35 AM
    The first thing you should do is read through the sticky at the top of the Heating forum. If you don't find the solution to your problem, you will at least have the know how to enable us to help.

If it is an electric resistance furnace, the heating elements and blower are going to be separate breakers. Check the large double pole ones. Turn the one for the heat clear to off and back on again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater is blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

Why is my car's heater blowing cold air?

Heater Blowing Cold Air [ 5 Answers ]

Our Central Heating System has been on the "fritz" lately. It will work for a few hours, sometimes days kicking on and off like nomral then it will suddenly stop blowing warm air. The air is usually VERY cold, but its set on heat. There is a red light that usually starts flashing "em heat", we...

Heater Blowing Cold Air [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there , last night I noticed our house was unusually cold even though I turned the temperature up as soon as I got home.We have a digital thermostat that shows the actual temperature in the house , as well as the temperature that you have it set to... I had turned it up to 22 and normally after...

My heater is blowing cold air [ 2 Answers ]

My heater is blowing cold air

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search