Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ash3315 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2014, 08:48 AM
    Can't tell my parents I need glasses
    K I've really been needing glasses for a long time but I can't tell my parent cause they also say how they've never needed glasses till they were 40 and what not and it just makes me feel bad I don't know how to tell them help!! Ps I got about 2 weeks to do this
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 09:05 AM
    Can you tell your parents you need new underwear or anything else?

You simply tell them.

Aug 4, 2014, 09:16 AM
    Ya I can but I just feel really nervous
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
    Well, if you get nervous about that... what about when something really personal and important comes up? Like... I have an STD? Or Hey mom, dad...how do you feel about being grandparents?

You summon up the courage and tell them. If you get nervous about something like this... you need a lot of practice for the many other things you will have to deal with in the future.

A simple visit to an optomitrist will determine if you need them and how much you need them, and for what... and its completely objective. Its also not very expensive to be tested. If you need glasses there are inexpesnive places to get glasses for less than $100 if money is tight.

Some people might need them from early childhood, some of them might need them at any point in their life, though past 40 its common for some peopel to need glasses to read. (being far sighted).

I never needed them until I was in the fourth grade and had trouble being able to read the black board...I need them to see in the distance ( Being near sighted)

Aug 4, 2014, 11:17 AM
    Oh I ain't ready for life and I can't see to far and I'm also hoping to just get contacts
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Contacts are far more trouble and more expensive, than glasses... I wore contacts for a few years... but haven't for the last 25 years because of where I work, the air is too dry, there is too much air movement and dust at times can be a problem.

However past the real inconvieninece of taking them out and putting them in and cleaning them...they can be nice in their own way.

You don't get laser surgery until your eyes stabilize... and if needing glasses is new... they haven't done that yet. Besides its VERY expensive.

Aug 4, 2014, 11:53 AM
    Contacts are only 20$... And I don't care glasses wouldn't work on me I do too much physical activities and stuff and I just don't like having stuff on my face
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2014, 11:57 AM
    Glasses might last you several years... that $20 pair of contacts might not last more than a few months. And you needs at least an extra pair if you lose one (easier than you think) or damage one taking them out to clean and putting them back in later) REALLY easy to do. Plus the exam, you are probibly into something over $100 since you need to also buy a case for them, saline, cleaning solutions etc on top of the contacts you would want at LEAST two pair to begin. Lots of hidden costs there nobody thinks of until they have them. And you need to carry that case with saline in them all the time in case one pops out on you, which will happen at some point, to get you home until they can be cleaned. They will dry out and be ruined in only a few minutes in the air.

Aug 4, 2014, 12:17 PM
    We have healthcare here so exams are free and there's also disposable ones here and it's not dry here a lot of my friends wear contacts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Im nervous about telling my parents I need glasses [ 5 Answers ]

So, about 5 years ago I became fastinated with computers. First playing online games such as wizard 101 when I was around 7 and that continued for about 2 years. After that, I began playing minecraft a whole lot. Sometimes spending up to 10+ hours a day on my computer. My parents would always tell...

I cant tell my parents I need glasses [ 13 Answers ]

I've been having trouble seeing. But can't seem to let them knew. I've tried. But I feel so nervous trying to bring it up. Please try to help.

Are parents that do drugs considered unfit parents I really need tobefor tomarrow [ 12 Answers ]

I'm living in a life that I can't take any more.. I need to know a way to leave my house its not something like I don't want to do what they say its what they say and do hurts me not phisicaly but verbaly and mentaly. I'm really scared and tired of dealing with what I am I've been told and I see no...

Wwhat to do if you want to leave your parents and join another family withou parents [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do when I want to leave my family and join another at 16-years old?

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search