Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelic8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2014, 07:24 AM
    Journalsm- What is wrong with the news headlines?
    Mumbai's new metro on track for a dispute over fares

MUMBAI - Mumbai's metro rail, delayed since 2011 and heading for a dispute with the government over fares, went into service on Sunday with thousands crowding the station to witness Hindu priests offer blessings.
    But a dispute over the fare price lies ahead.

Mumbai Metro One - a unit of Reliance Infrastructure, which is controlled by Indian billionaire Anil Ambani - is charging 10 rupees (21 Singapore cents) for a one-way ticket for the first 30 days, but will later increase the fare to as much as 40 rupees, according to its website.
    Yet the regional government wants it to charge between 9 rupees and 13 rupees in accordance with a contract it signed, the Business Standard reported yesterday, citing Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.

"Disputes over pricing and tariffs deter investment and that should be avoided when so much money is required for infrastructure," Mr Dharmakirti Joshi, chief economist at Crisil, S&P's local unit, said in Mumbai.

The infrastructure itself is always playing catch-up... we're building today what should have been built yesterday."
    Mr Chavan told reporters in Mumbai the dispute would be settled according to the contract with Reliance Infrastructure.
    "This is not the time" for such questions, said Mr Ambani.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2014, 07:56 AM
    What is your question?
    angelic8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2014, 08:14 AM
    There is something wrong with the news headlines "Mumbai's new metro on track for a dispute over fares" acc to my teacher. Below is the news article. I can't find anything wrong with it. How about others?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come we get the news first? [ 14 Answers ]

Here's one you won't see in the US at least not quickly and you have to ask, I know we are a day ahead, date wise, but news is similtaneous, isn't it, like it doesn't happen here before it happens there, or does it? ?US Pentagon discloses massive cyber theft

HEADlines from 2029 [ 3 Answers ]

HEADLINES FROM 2029 Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California . White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.

Where do you get your NEWS [ 21 Answers ]

If you're only getting your news from TV, you're not getting any News; 90% of what you are getting is grey propaganda. It started with Clinton, and Bush has made it into a fine art. Video news releases - SourceWatch

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

Nuttiest Headlines of 2005 [ 2 Answers ]

Can't resist sharing these. Anyone seen any others? Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over

View more questions Search