Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DIAMONDD88 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2014, 06:22 PM
    Showing emotions
    Does anybody else get frustrated for not being able to express their feelings properly?

I find it hard to openly show someone how truly angry/upset/frustrated I am towards them, and to be able to get that feeling of 'getting it off your chest'.
    Instead, I tend to overthink about it after the situation has finished. Becoming frustrated for not being able to express myself.

I find that people tend to disregard my feelings because of this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 3, 2014, 06:42 PM
    Maybe it's a good thing you don't express anger and upset when you are feeling it, but you can work on how to get it off your chest AFTER you have cooled off and can think calmly. Then you can express yourself calmly. Have you ever tried that?
    The Black Lotus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 06:53 PM
    I get the same but only with sadness I find it really hard to cry I can feel like I am almost about to cry then I just cant in the past 4 months I have probably cried twice
    And that was under extreme circumstances so I know how you feel and you are not alone honestly I don't know why you cant express your emotions and I know it can be really frustrating but I wouldn't worry about it too much

Aug 3, 2014, 07:02 PM
    I think it's a good thing to express your feelings whatever they may be. I don t like to get involved in another confrontation (or an enitial one) due to the frustration it will cause me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Lotus View Post
    I get the same but only with sadness I find it really hard to cry I can feel like I am almost about to cry then I just cant in the past 4 months I have probably cried twice
    And that was under extreme circumstances so I know how you feel and you are not alone honestly I don't know why you cant express your emotions and I know it can be really frustrating but I wouldn't worry about it too much
    Last time I can only remember truly crying was in 2003, when my nan died. I think I may have cried after that at some point, but I'm not sure. I don't know if its because I'm hard wired or what..

Aug 3, 2014, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DIAMONDD88 View Post
    Last time I can only remember truly crying was in 2003, when my nan died. I think I may have cried after that at some point, but I'm not sure. I don't know if its because I'm hard wired or what..
    Your not weird maybe nothing sad enough has happened to get that response but wow that is a long time not to cry and I am sorry to hear about your nan

Aug 3, 2014, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Lotus View Post
    Your not weird maybe nothing sad enough has happened to get that response but wow that is a long time not to cry and I am sorry to hear about your nan
    It does feel good to have a good cry though. Makes you feel alive in a way. Thank you for your sympathy. Very nice of you
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2014, 08:04 PM
    I agree with tal's suggestion. Angry comments especially are rarely effective. Depends on many different situations though and sometimes a comment must be challenged immedaitely as the adrenaline takes over. But generally speaking, the adage about losing the argument as soon as you lose your temper is pretty accurate. Before having to give depositions we were instructed to not let the opposing lawyers get under our skin, and that it was sometimes a ploy to get the person being questioned to give more information than was necessary while they were upset.

Aug 3, 2014, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DIAMONDD88 View Post
    It does feel good to have a good cry though. Makes you feel alive in a way. Thank you for your sympathy. Very nice of you
    yer sometimes you just need to have a good cry and I guess it shows that you care about something and its okay man I love making people feel better because it also makes me feel better plus I understand what it is like I lost my nan a couple of years ago and after a while I just stopped crying I haven't had a good cry in ages so trust me dude you are not alone

Aug 3, 2014, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    I agree with tal's suggestion. Angry comments especially are rarely effective. Depends on many different situations though and sometimes a comment must be challenged immedaitely as the adrenaline takes over. But generally speaking, the adage about losing the argument as soon as you lose your temper is pretty accurate. Before having to give depositions we were instructed to not let the opposing lawyers get under our skin, and that it was sometimes a ploy to get the person being questioned to give more information than was necessary while they were upset.
    So is it best to not be emotional when dealing with confrontations?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2014, 06:00 AM
    Its best to temper your emotions with thoughtful self control, so they may be expressed in clear understandable ways for you, AND those that you express them too. That lessens the chances of being misunderstood, or FEEL disregarded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My emotions are all wrong? [ 0 Answers ]

My emotions are all wrong! Just now I was feeling really angry, for no reason, nothing happened! And I don't know why?

Help with my emotions? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm 16 and have been suffering depression for a long time. I now will go in the medicine cabinet and just grab a bunch of pills and take them not even caring what they are, I don't do it to get high or anything because mostly it's just benedryl. I like the fact that they make me very tired so...

So much emotions [ 7 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel toward some person love and suddenly I hate them, and then love them and at the time I don't like them I just pick a fight with them or just criticize them for remembering little things they did or I just picked up in it and I did not like it at the time but did not affect me that...

No emotions [ 6 Answers ]

I really think I'm going crazy or I'm just not normal I have a child of 7 yrs and I have no feelings for them at all not like some mothers do I've been like this since they were born I've tried but everything they do grates me

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

View more questions Search