Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joclo22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 05:01 PM
    Opposite of a Freewheel Motor
    Hello! I was wondering what you would call the opposite of a freewheel hub motor? I am interested in a motor which can not only accelerate an electrical vehicle, but also provide the breaking power.

Thank you.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 3, 2014, 05:14 PM
    It's called a generator, and the system is called regenerative braking. Some modern hybrid and all-electric vehicles do this - they connect a generator into the brake system to create electricity as it slows the car. Both Prius and Tesla do this - i'm sure there are others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the opposite force? [ 1 Answers ]

See the following case; A stone of mass 5 kg falls from a 50 metre height and buries 1 meter deep in the sand.find the average resistance offered by sand and the time it takes to penetrate

My project motor 12vdc motor give to the supply 9v contector now how to incerse motor [ 1 Answers ]

My project motor 12vdc motor give to the supply 9v contector now how to incerse motor

I'm interested.Yet I act the opposite way? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've noticed that when I'm beginning to "like" someone I begin to ignore them and I say dumb things! What is this about? I'm naturally very sarcastic... and when I catch myself crushing on someone I begin to be even more so. I'm thinking it's because I use sarcasm as a way to convey how...

Showerhead opposite faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Weird question. I putting a bathroom in our basement and ran into a small problem with the tub. Originally I was going to put the faucet and showerhead on a corner wall but now I realize if I do that I will not have access to the faucet or trap once it's finished. I can't but a full wall on the...

Benefit of bldc motor compare with pmsm motor or blac motor [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god hi every body what is benefit of brush less dc motor and brush less ac motor. And when we use bldc and when blac? What is different of them? I know that bldcs have trapezial emf and blacs have sin emf.

View more questions Search