Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annjee69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 09:34 AM
    Hydrocodone v/s tramadol
    I have been taking hydrocodone 5/325 off an on for a couple of years due to slipped disks. My Dr. just prescribed Tramadol 50 for me. I've never taken this med and the hydrocodone sometimes gives me a headache. I also have heart palpitations sometimes when I drink too much caffeine or take 2 or 3 days worth of certain meds, like sinus meds. Is the tramadol the same thing as the hydrocodone? Can it make my heart skip beats like the sinus meds?
    AntC Posts: 184, Reputation: 19
    -

Aug 6, 2014, 09:31 AM
    Tramadol is a mild opiate. It is slightly similar to hydrocodone in that they target the same receptors. It should not make your heart skip beats as it is not a stimulant.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 6, 2014, 09:32 AM
    Was all this discussed with your doctor when he changed your prescription. The problem here is that your doctor knows much more about this than you or I do. If he is aware of the other drugs you are taking, caffiene and sinus meds, than I wouldn't worry about it. If he doesn't I would take a walk to your pharmacist an have a chat with them. They'll probably be able to help better than anyone online. The important thing here is to be completely honest with ALL drugs that you're taking, coffee, smokes, pot, and everything illegal. That information will make sure you're not doing anything particularly dangerous.

Not implying that you're a hard drug user, but as an example.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 6, 2014, 09:38 AM
    Hydrocodone is a codeine derivative, and shouldn't cause arrhythmia. It is most likely a drug interaction.

Look at the information provided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tramadol [ 1 Answers ]

I was prescribed 50mg of tramadol for an injury. It's making me feel really weird and extremely tired, slower breathing. I've had this medication before and it never made me feel like this before. I am taking it as directed.

False positive for tramadol [ 3 Answers ]

I am a health care professional and am currently enrolled in a monitoring program. I tested positive for tramadol but I have never taken any form of tramadol. Is there any logical explanation for this?

Is tramadol addictive? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering because the doctor prescribed it for my arthritis pain.

View more questions Search