Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bmscotr5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Belly Piercing
    So I got my belly button pierced about two weeks ago and after a week the top ball was sinking in my skin. So today I went back to the shop and they said too much skin was grabbed so they put in a horseshoe ring. It feels a lot better but now there's white stuff oozing out. The ball from my 1st ring left some extra opening which they said would heal. But should it be oozing out white stuff?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 1, 2014, 05:27 AM
    It sounds like it's mildly infected. Some oozing is normal for piercings, but it should be mostly clear. White means infection. If it turns yellow or green, the infection is getting worse.

Rinse it twice daily with sea salt and water. Use antibacterial soap, unscented is better. Try to avoid trauma, like snagging the ring on clothing. Don't play with it. Use warm salt water to clean any crusty bits off the ring before turning it. Avoid contact with lotion, sunscreen, makeup, etc. Make sure to clean it after sweating, swimming, or anything else that could cause contact with undesirable fluids and/or materials. Use a qtip to clean around the piercing and inside your belly button.

Belly button piercings are some of the most prone to infection.Just keep it clean. Don't use antibiotic ointment, like neosporin, on it. They're not meant for puncture wounds, which is what piercings are, and are ineffective. Also, don't use peroxide or rubbing alcohol to clean it. Both kill germs by drying them out, and deprive piercings of moisture they need to heal, prolonging the healing process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

So on Monday my son and I were playing around & he went on top of me to belly with my stomach when I felt his teeth on my belly ring I told him get off but that made it worse & he pulled it off my belly button:( so I don't know how long I should wait to get it redone by the way its.been 5 days.n...

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to...

Belly Piercing. [ 1 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced 2 years ago and it rejected a year ago. It left a pea sized bump on my belly which I think is a keloid. I really want to get it repierced. How can I get rid of the scar or at least make it smaller and do you think I can get it repierced with this keloid on it?

View more questions Search