Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerastone28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Renewal of a french passeport while living in the USA.
    I am a citizen of France living in Los Angeles (20+ years), I over extended my stay here in the US. I want to go back to France in October for good, but my French (EU) passport expired more than 5 years ago. Should I got the french Consulat and apply for a new one. Am I going to get in trouble from the french authority for letting my passport expired.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 12:49 PM
    You aren't going to be allowed to travel on an expired passport. So you really have no choice but contact the French Embassy or consulate to get it replaced.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 7, 2014, 09:45 AM
    You must contact the nearest French consulate to obtain a new passport. Letting the old one expired is not a crime, don't worry. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewal of French passport - for USA travel [ 2 Answers ]

Present French passport ( issued in UK) not acceptable to USA border control. How can it be brought up to date ?

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

Dual Citizenship for Son of French Mother Living in USA [ 4 Answers ]

I'm seeking insight on procedures to certify dual French and American citizenship. In the last five years I have sent two letters to the French Consulate General in Los Angeles (when I was living in Colorado) and one to the Chicago office about two years ago after temporarily moving to Ohio. I...

French Passport Renewal [ 1 Answers ]

I hold two passports, American and French. My french passport expired in 2003. I would like to renew my French passport but am not sure that I can produce any meaningful French identity documentation other than my expired French passport. What do I need to do to renew the expired French...

View more questions Search