Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fbosques Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 07:54 AM
    When to screen and when to filter a liquid?
    Hello all,
    I work in the processing industry and we want to get into industrial honey packaging. One of the required things to do will be making sure there is no contamination in our product, so we were looking for filters.

After some searches I figured out I could also use a screener or a sifter to get the honey through it and make sure no contamination is there.
    What would you advise for this type of industry? A liquid filter or screen for liquids?

Thanks in advance
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 08:20 AM
    Perhaps both? Screens to get any of the larger stuff... with the filter to catch anything that's left.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 01:02 PM
    Due to the viscosity of honey, you would need a very large pore filter. You can buy stainless steel screening in very small pore size, 100 micron or so and you may still have to heat the honey to reduce the viscosity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jacuzzi fill valve , does it have a filter to screen out small gravel or sand particl [ 2 Answers ]

The jacuzzi fill valve must have a gravel filter, is there any way to clean tis or remove the filter?

How do I take the filter screen off the bottom of a kenmore 665 dishwasher [ 0 Answers ]

I took off the bottom spinning part but the filter screen won't come off. Does it twist or snap off.

How does liquid remain at constant temperature whilst there are both liquid and solid [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the temperature of a cooling liquid remains constant whilst there are both liquid and solid phases present Thank you

Liquid Protein,liquid flax oil, and prostate. [ 2 Answers ]

I have taken natural supplements for years. The store where I buy them has been in business for 60 years and the lady I ask for advice from has been there that long also, so I feel she is well versed in the products I buy. In a discussion a couple months ago she recommended I take Flax seed oil for...

What is a Liquid Line Filter Dryer used for? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Liquid Line Filter Dryer used for? My repair man put one on after I experienced heat pump failure. Thanks

View more questions Search