Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomasdb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 12:18 PM
    Need to know type of ball bearing housing and where to get
    Hi All,

I'm working on an art project and I need to understand something about ball bearings and their housings. I need to create a large track ball and want it to be able to spin in all directions. The friction coefficient is pretty high so it cannot rub on metal or plastic and I don't think a fluid or air would be feasible. I have settled on ball bearings whereby the bigger ball would sit in a cup with a single ball bearing on and southern Y axis. At the top would sit a ring with exposed ball bearings that would allow the track ball to move freely. Has anyone seen this? It can't be much different from a mouse track ball set up except I need bigger and a lot of them :).

Check out some similar questions!

Ball bearing [ 1 Answers ]

ball bearing curvature below x y z mm diameter size to centre diameter

Size of grounding ball bearing on frigidaire dryers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the size of grounding ball used in many front load dryers, frigidaire part number is 5303281019

Brigs and stratton 3hp. Plastic carb. How do I remove spring and ball bearing, [ 4 Answers ]

Has the plastic carb. How do I remove the fuel inlet. The plastic cap, spring and ball bearing? Surges, cleaned and blew out carb.

Distributor ball bearing is shot [ 3 Answers ]

I found out that the insided ball bearing of my 91 honda accord distributor is shot and was told by honda that they don't fix it, they just replace the entire distributor. Since paying $450 bucks seems ridiculous for one worn out part I ended up ordering a bearing from NACHI in Toronto for $53...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.