Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2014, 04:48 AM
    A social life besides school can be both a healing experience, and a learning of coping/interacting skills as well. Often kids who are bullied only see the bullies, and their crowd, and fail to see others who are not in that crowd. As TJ said there are other kids, and activities going on besides what this group does but it takes time for all that past dust to settle to even see that. Unless this is a very small community school, there has to be other activities and other students to interact with.

The popular crowd isn't the only crowd, but your child's specific needs to heal from this must be addressed. Developing a plan say for lunch time when class structure gives way to more social structure for example can give a healthy outlet for many kids as a group, or as individuals. Talking to the teachers may give you some ideas as groups of bullies with the power to shun seldom just have one victim. Seldom do victims of bullying know why they are bullied or how to cope with it, and that's where teachers, and parents come together to work on those issues.

Sometimes we as parents don't even recognize ourselves that our bullied kids may be isolated from many other healthy interactions at school and may fail to address that as well. It's worth exploring if a child that's bullied has any other friends at all. It's a red flag when they have none.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custodial parent let 14 yr old quit school. Child is 16, lying about home school [ 12 Answers ]

Custodial parent in Williamsport, Indiana PERMITTED 14 yr old daughter quit school. Now she's 16, and they're lying about home school AND PRIVATE SCHOOL EDUCATION. (1)They do not have internet access/ educational books or enough education or skill to provide home school education. (2) Isn't it...

School for New HOME Owners [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home in Arizona. Previously lived in a condo. Is there a school or classes one could attend to learn how to take care of a house, I. e. in Arizona you have to flush your water heater annually due to hard water, what are different sounds, how to change filters, etc. what are...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Home school help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am from nepal, how to take easy learn in home environment ? What is the method that I could teach them both mentaly and physical way easy, from which they could catch the lessons quickly?

View more questions Search