Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nakatinkachinka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 11:33 AM
    $40 worth of pay per view?
    I am a home health. I worked a 48 hr. case, every Fri.-Sat. Monday I call the agency to let them know that I would not be going back to that case. I was given a new case, a month goes by & I'm being called in because the patients daughter claims that I ordering 40 dollars worth of pay per view. The accusation is untrue, I did not do this. I still on probation being I only started about a month ago.These accusations , can get you terminated, so they will do their investigations and if I "do anything" I can be fired. HOW CAN I PROVE I DID NOT DO THIS?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 11:35 AM
    It is pretty hard to prove you didn't. If their bill shows it was happening while you were on duty, it's kind of your word against theirs and the bill.
    Nakatinkachinka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2014, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It is pretty hard to prove you didn't. If their bill shows it was happening while you were on duty, it's kind of your word against theirs and the bill.
    Wow! That would be so not right if I am terminated for something I didn't do.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 29, 2014, 11:56 AM
    I agree. I am hoping that the investigation will turn something up in your favor.

I am also hoping that someone else comes along to answer this question that can maybe give you a direction to go with this and help a little bit.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2014, 12:49 PM
    Pay per view ALWAYS shows the date and the time... if you were working during that time then they only possible way was someone else that was there too did it. I also agree it's your word against theirs. You are most likely an AT-WILL employee... and they really don't need a reason to terminate you. And this is a very good one.

I'd start with finding out WHEN and at what TIME these charges occurred. If they were NOT when you were working there... then you have a solid case on your side to argue.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2014, 01:30 PM
    You want to make sure the daughter produces a copy of the bill showing the date and times for each pay per view purchase. But if those purchases were made during the time you were there and you can't show that someone else was there, I doubt if you will be believed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

if an atv is worth 500 and is worth 50 less each year what would the x and y intercep [ 2 Answers ]

a new atx is worth 500 os depricating in value by 50 a year

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

New to the internet - What about Pay per view sites? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently tried out pay per view surfing site on two websites and I am wondering if any scams are there that has been reported and where do I get reliable information. Also would like information on traffic exchange sites, is it legit and are there scary stories out there about them. I am...

Is the pay worth the commute? [ 5 Answers ]

I just finished school for Phelbotomy, but the market is saturated, and until I find a job in my field, I am looking for a job to make ends meet. I was offered a daily babysitting job, for 100 a week. (I have NO money at the moment, so 100 a week, while not a lot, is more than I have) ...

Having trouble ordering Pay Per View through DirectTV since ordering Yahoo dsl [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I started using yahoo's DSL service. In my home, on all my tv's, I use wireless phone jacks so I can order PayPerView. I used all the phone filters, even on the tranmitter base for the wireless phone jack. I am still unable to order PPV through direct TV unless I physically call them...

View more questions Search