Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelissaRawls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2014, 11:46 AM
    Should I consider a career in Corrections?
    I live in San Francisco, CA. I was researching online looking at the employment opportunities available for Probation Officers and some websites say there is little or no change in employment, but some are saying there would be an 18% increase. I am currently enrolled in college and I am unsure if I should consider a career in Corrections. One of my siblings currently has a job in Corrections.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2014, 12:04 PM
    Why would you consider Corrections? -- the pay or because your sibling is in it or for benefits or what? Have you considered other career possibilities?

It's online and I can't give you a link 'cause I'm on my Kindle right now. Google "Occupational Outlook Handbook" (without quote marks). The US federal government puts it out every two years; it's a terrific overview of jobs and career fields -- education/training needed, salary prospects, future of the job, etc. Your school's career/counseling office can give you interest tests, the Myers-Briggs test, and talk with you about is out there. Please explore all the possibilities!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Corrections [ 0 Answers ]

Corrections is more manufacturing operation than about people managing correctional clients? TURE OR FALSE?

French corrections [ 1 Answers ]

What is wrong with this french sentence? Il y a beaucoup les choses a( accent) faire a(accent again) rester en bonne sante(accent on e) My teacher underlined "les choses"and said something was wrong with it and I don't know what.

Could someone tell me the corrections of these please? In french [ 0 Answers ]

Il a quitté le collége á seize ans Il n'a pas réussi son Brevet proffessionnel Il a commencé á travailler comme cuisiner á trente ans Il a fini son travail comme propriétaire á trente ans Il n'aime pas tellement préparer les repas Il travaille plus de soixante-dix heures par semaine...

Corrections needed [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one please correct this for me? Please make sure that I used all the rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation People have argued and suggested that using word processor on ones computer is fare more advanced, rather then using a pencil and paper. Word processor and hand writing...

View more questions Search