Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whh1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Ceiling fan has black white and green wire and from ceiling has red balck white and g
    New ceiling fan has internal remote and wiring that is green black and white. My ceiling has black red white and green and goes to two switches. The ceiling fan has an upper and lower light and the upper light does not work. How should I wire?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 28, 2014, 11:46 AM
    White to white, green to green, black to black. Put a wire nut on the red. One of the switches, the one the black wire goes to, will have to be on for anything to work.

Why doesn't the upper light work?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2014, 12:26 PM
    I would recommend to check this article on ceiling fan wiring

I recommend it to everyone.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 31, 2014, 06:07 PM
    Are the two switches together or at opposite ends of the room? This could be a three way switch OR it could be one switch for the light and one for the fan, we will know once you answer back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install a ceiling fan remote using three wires from ceiling red white, and black [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a celling fan remote with Red White, and Black wires coming from celling?

My ceiling fan has a black wire a red a white and a green how do I hook them up [ 3 Answers ]

My ceiling fan has 34 wires black red white and green how do they hookup

New ceiling light has black, white, red and ground wire. Ceiling wires are... [ 5 Answers ]

Black, white and ground. What do I do with the extra red wire in the new light kit? I didn't have a ceiling fan nor do I want one. Thanks.

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

How to install a ceiling fan with only a black, blue and white wire no green [ 2 Answers ]

How to install a ceiling fan with only a blue, blac, and white wire with no green, the ceiling has a bare or copper wire, a red, white, and black wire

View more questions Search