Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2014, 09:29 AM
    Is It Google or iPad Settings..?
    One of those issues My Computer Illiteracy shines it's best.. The Google FAQ section is a total loss as I'm shuffled off to another batch of multipul choice selections, anyway Rant Over.. Problem , Attempting to Subscribe to a Vlog on YouTube.. The Google Sign In pops up, so with proper verified Username & Password typed in a sentence highlighted in red comes back informing me of Unknown Username & Password (there's a fly in the ointment).. I've gone to my iPad settings repeatedly to confirm I'm typing in the right information but the gremlins are refusing to cooperate.. So is it Google or is it the iPad? Ideas Please & Thank You... Cheers
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 28, 2014, 02:52 PM
    I assume you're running an app on your iPad that is trying to access your YouTube account - correct? The problem is Google's 2-step verification process. In order for an app to access your YouTube account you need to generate and use a special password, not your normal Google password. With a web browser log into Google, click on "Security" near the top of the page, then use the drop-down boxes to select the app (YouTube) and select the device (iPad), and click "Generate." It will create a 16-character password. Then start up the application on your iPad that you're trying to use, and when it asks for your YouTube credentials use this 16-character password. You only have to do this once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

iPad 2 or iPad 3? [ 3 Answers ]

I have found on a site 2 ipads... 1. ipad2 64gb wifi+3g ($600 NZD) 2. ipad3 16gb wifi-only ($600 NZD) Which do you think is better value? I'm worried that 16gb won't be enough although I will mostly be using it for games, photos&vids (not movies/tv shows), internet browsing. Thanks in...

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

In LAN settings, when I click on TCP/IP settings, it is not allowing me to open up. [ 4 Answers ]

In LAN settings, when I click on TCP/IP settings, it is not allowing me to open up.

View more questions Search