Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dimepiece48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
    I'm 48 can I draw widows pension or social security from my deceased husband
    I am 48, my husband passed away in 2007at the age of 45, can I draw widows pension or social security or any kind of benefits from him? We were married for 25 years. At the time of his death our youngest child was 19
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 28, 2014, 09:19 AM
    You can draw widow's benefits at age 60 at the earliest (50 if you're disabled), and then only if you haven't remarried before then. However, if you start drawing at that age your benefit amount per month would be reduced from what it otherwise would be if you waited until full retirement age of 67. Your child may have been eligible for survivor's benefits up through age 19 if s/he was a full time student, but not after that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social security/widows pension? [ 11 Answers ]

Can I receive social security from my deceased husband,I am only 54 years old

Social security-widows pension [ 1 Answers ]

What is the age limit to apply- since it will take a long time to go through govt. thanks-sharon

Social Security Widows Pension [ 7 Answers ]

If you remarry can you still collect your Social Security Widows pension?

Social security widows pension [ 7 Answers ]

I am 48 with no children and my husband just passed away on Sunday 1/3/10, am I entitled to widowers pension payments?

Widows pension & social security [ 5 Answers ]

I am a widow age 48, my husband age 55 suddenly died. He has paid he full amount towards Social security. I have two children, age 17 and 13. Am I entitled to his Social Security benefit as well as benefits for the two children? I am currently employed as a physical therapist.

View more questions Search