Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrynightz45 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2014, 03:04 PM
    How do I get him to spend more time with me?
    I've been with my boyfriend now for 5 months. My problem is that we only see each other 1x a week and I'm not happy with this. After waiting to see if things would change, I eventually brought it up to him. He was defensive at first and said he was too busy etc (we're both working 9-5 jobs right now, and we're on summer break from school). Eventually he calmed down and agreed that we would see one another more often. For the next 3 weeks, I saw him 2x a week. Then this last week, he told me that it's just too much for him and he's too tired after work so we're going to have to "come up with something else." I was annoyed because 1. We both work the same hours, 9-5 is not that intense. 2. He usually does nothing but sit around on Sundays 3. 1x a week is not enough for a relationship. This week, it's back to 1x a week.

On the phone in the middle of the week he said "well I really don't like that I'm going to see you only 1x this week, but there's nothing I can do about it." I said yea, it did suck. Then yesterday when we went on our weekly "date," I casually asked what he was up to today. He said not much, and said "If we did see one another tomorrow it would have to be earlier in the afternoon and there isn't much to do at that time except get lunch. And I really don't want to get lunch." I wasn't sure how to respond to that so I just said OK. I feel like if he really wanted to see me, lunch would be a great opportunity to do so.

I feel like he should want to see me more and that 2x a week is not asking much. But he seems totally fine the way it is. I've tried keeping busy with other friends and telling him, but this doesn't seem to do anything either. How can I get him to want to spend more time with me, or is this just pointless?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 27, 2014, 03:10 PM
    If you want more from this relationship and he's not willing to see you more often, then why are you wasting your time?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2014, 03:14 PM
    You seem to have a history of this sort of thing... like almost a year ago.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ml#post3534426

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the max time and min time he will spend in jail in GA? [ 1 Answers ]

I have know my friend for 3 years now. But before we met he told me he was extridted from GA to FL. Well, we called my of times tryning to reach someone in the P.O. office. Once we got in contact by then the clerk said that his file was lost. And they will call us back. We left messsages and phone...

He won't spend time with me. [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend off/on for a couple of years now. I broke up with him for about 7 months. I decided to give him another chance, we both promised to change for the better. We started seeing each other for the past month, but my issue is he rarely has anytime for me. He travels a lot...

Should/Can a father use extra time in between his visits to spend time with his kid? [ 7 Answers ]

If there is a set child visitation between two parents such as every other weekend, can or should a father use some extra opportunities to visit the child, such as "swing by the house on his lunch breaks" or pick the child up after he gets out of work to take him/her to the park for an hour? Is...

How Much Time In Jail Will He Spend [ 2 Answers ]

Seq. Grade Statute Statute Description Offense OTN Date Orig Seq. 1 1 F2 18 § 2702 §§A3 Aggravated Assault 11/24/2009 K8853283 2 Terroristic Threats W/ Int To Terrorize Another 2 M1 18 § 2706 §§A1 11/24/2009 K8853283 3 3 M2 18 § 2701 §§A1 Simple Assault 11/24/2009 K8853283 4 4 M2 18 § 5104...

I want him to want to spend more time with me. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves me and I know that he does, but he plans things with his friends before he would plan something with me and it drives me crazy. I have four little boys from a previous marriage. I get them half of the week and it seems that he would rather not be around. I try and plan...

View more questions Search