Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mollynix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2014, 11:39 AM
    Can anyone tell me specificly how I can determine if she is still nursing?
    I also have brought in lost cats.. now have a female camping in my yard.and I THINK she is feeding kittens somewhere as her little teats seems pink and a little enlarged b ut I really don't know if they have been weaned or if she is still nursing. I could tell she was starving so I started to feed her.. She is loving and loves to be petted. {probably abandoned by someone who moved away... happens all the time by cruel and useless people). I was all set to bring her in but now realize that I cannot if there are kittens out there somewhere. When I bring in a new cat, I isolate them in a spare room and call my vet. I have a mobile vet.. he checks the cat out.. deworms, defleas and gives the necessary shots etc and when the time comes.. neuters. Then after about two weeks, I let he or she out to jopin the family!
    Can anyone tell me specificly how I can determine if she is still nursing... very concerned. Molly
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2014, 11:55 AM
    We also socialize and rescue stray/feral cats. A pregnant one that we were feeding (and named Lady Jane Grey) had her five kittens in a neighbor's yard or garage, then brought them to meet us when they were about four weeks old. The kittens were still nursing a bit, but also ate the canned cat food we provided.

If this mom cat likes and trusts you, she will probably do the same thing--bring her kittens to meet you and enjoy the food you supply. Then you can get medical care and maybe eventually homes for all of them. It sounds like she is still nursing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Develop a nursing care plan for this patient identifying 8 nursing diagnoses [ 1 Answers ]

Mr.Tom is an 81 yr. old man who has been admitted to the ward earlier in the day from home.he is in an unconscious state having suffered a stroke which has affected his right side. He is breathing spontaneously, lying on his left side and he is receiving O2 via a simple mask at 5L/min. he has an IV...

I am on skilled care in a nursing home do I have to pay them my srs nursing home [ 0 Answers ]

I am in a nursing home under medicare and medicaid. I came back from the hospital and received skill care for 90 days. Do I still have to pay my monthly payments to the nursing home on top of my medicare and medicaid payments?

Risk for going to a nursing home.. And I need a nursing diagnosis. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing my assessment on my patient. It is broken up into sections and in the discharge planning section I am stuck on what to put. She is 62 and has had 2 strokes and her family is starting to struggle to take care of her. Her husband said that he fears a nursing home is in her near future....

Nursing care plan with priority nursing dx [ 1 Answers ]

I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient....

How Do I Tone My Body (Specificly upper legs) [ 2 Answers ]

So Im 16 and have a really high matabolism Im female, pants size 3(canadian) or if your american then Im a size 4 and have really small waste (shirt size s/xs) and Im only 5 foot 2 So I know Im not too fat but my legs/thighs/but are kind of big so I just want to know what I can do to get......

View more questions Search