Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Winkmeister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2014, 05:46 AM
    Waterproofing cut out in basement floor slab before repouring
    We have broken out basement floor slab to install a drain for a new shower. Trench is approx 6 feet long by about 6 inches wide (irregular not saw cut). I know that a vapour barrier has to be reinstalled but I'm not comfortable installing 6 mil poly due to the difficulty installing in a narrow irregular cut trench.

What I'm looking for is a liquid or spray applied waterproofing product to apply on top of the gravel in the trench to form an effective vapour barrier. Any ideas?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2014, 02:56 AM
    These folks may have an opinion on use of their product or another suggestion:
    SPRAY-ON VAPOUR BARRIER FOR CONCRETE

I don't follow why it is so difficult to place the 6 mil poly. Possibly use a width of poly that is as wide as the widest opening and trim it in the bottom of the opening with a good razor knife? Spray some foam insulation at the joint between old and new poly for total seal if you think it is necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut floor joist in the basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about floor joist. I had a contractor cut 2 inches out of the bottom of about 15 2x8 floor joist, to hide the electrical lines, instead of drilling holes through the middle of the joist. I would assume these would have to be sistered is that right or do have a major problem...

Floor drain in basement slab [ 4 Answers ]

To provide adequate drainage, what is the recommended distance or code (IRC) for the floor drain to be below the slab surface?

Moving kitchen sink cut up the slab floor cani pour concrete on top [ 7 Answers ]

I am moving my kitchen sink from one side of the kitchen to the other I located the 3" discharge line which is about 5' from my new sink. I have cut the concrete and i am about put a 3 x 3 x 2 tee and then run my 2" line along and up under the sink to the p trap with a 90. ( I hope this is correct)...

Shower P-trap in a basement with concrete slab floor [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The bathroom in the basement has a 2.5" raised floor, the new shower has a very low base (the shower pan is about 1" above the floor). The P-trap I found need about 7.5" vertical clearance. Without rising shower base, what is the best way to make room for th P-trap? If I have to...

Rubberized waterproofing for shower floor [ 2 Answers ]

Someone painted the shower floor/basin with some type of rubberized waterproofing sealer. We have peeled off most of it but it is stuck in all the grout linesa in the tiles under neath it . We've tried most every cleanser and even a steam cleaner but it won't budge. Does anyone know what I can use...

View more questions Search