Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eharger2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 08:18 PM
    How do you know if it is a thermal coupling or igniton switch failure
    We have a whirlpool water heater model # BFG1H4040T3NOV serial 074911052. We had a flood in the basement and put out the piolot. Water also poured over top of heater. We lit it once and it went back out. When attempt to relite it was unsuccessful. There appears to be no spark. Is it switch or thermal coupling
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2014, 08:00 AM
    I would replace the gas valve and clean everything else. Dirt and silt gets in the gas valve and ruins it. I have taken commercial ones apart and cleaned them after a flood, but you cannot do this with one in a home. You can pull the entire assembly out and fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Igniton switch problems on 1989 ford F-150 [ 0 Answers ]

Over the last few months I have replaced my ignition switch cylinder(key) several times. It would become more difficult to turn forward to start the vehicle. Sometimes I had to use pliers to turn the switch far enough forward to start the truck. Eventually each time the small pin that was part...

Thermal limiter switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer model #GLER642AS3 How do I test the thermal limiter switch to see if it is bad?

92 Honda Igniton Switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove and install a 92 Honda Civic igniton switch

How to replace thermal cutoff switch [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know the location of thermal cutoff switch on Y Magic chef electric dryer so that I can replace with new one. Model # YE/YG225LV

View more questions Search